PDA

View Full Version : greasing bearings

honda200sx
01-17-2004, 12:45 AM
do you grease up your bearings before you put them in? if so what should i grease them with on my 200x

Beer_Smurf
01-17-2004, 01:21 AM
Which bearings specifically are your referring to?
Crank bearings? Rod bearings? Axle bearings? Wheel bearings? Swing-arm bearings? Muffler bearings?

TRI-Zbrian
01-17-2004, 01:22 AM
no i never have they arnt going to be sliding around so u shouldnt have too maybe only to help you put them in but other then that they shouldnt need it this is if you mean axel barrings

hondatrikesrule22
01-17-2004, 01:27 AM
Muffler bearings?!? :?:

TRI-Zbrian
01-17-2004, 01:29 AM
singnol (speling) light blinker fluid :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

plkmonster2
01-17-2004, 02:07 AM
yup, muffler bearings :shock: :D lol, it brings back memories of the changable red, green, blue, etc, powerbands, lol :rolleyes:

TRI-Zbrian
01-17-2004, 02:10 AM
oh yeah i loved the power band thing man oh man does it crack me up when i have some one ask me what kind of power band i have in my tri z its even better when it not a kid but actualy some one in there 30s-40s that says it and you have to do all that u can do to not correct them i have tried to in the past but im just a dumb kid lol i dont know what im talkin about :twisted:

TeCaTe_MaN
01-17-2004, 05:04 AM
no i never have they arnt going to be sliding around so u shouldnt have too maybe only to help you put them in but other then that they shouldnt need it this is if you mean axel barrings

WTF!?!? did i read this right, you said you dont need grease on your axil bearings??? :D :D :D (ROFL) :D :D

TRI-Zbrian
01-17-2004, 10:17 AM
lol i dont meen inside them i thought he ment to just instal them :D

honda200sx
01-17-2004, 10:48 AM
so i am confused should i grease the axle bearings before i install them and if so what should i put on them.

Dirtcrasher
01-17-2004, 10:59 AM
If they are new bearings with rubber coated seals then you just install them and thats it, If they are new with metal shields - again they are already greased. If they are used - take a pointed small whatever and pop out those rubber seals and pack it with grease and reinstall the seals. If they have no seals and are open bearings which rely on the dust seal installed next to it then throw them away and get the right bearings.

The seals installed next to the bearing is a dust/water seal and HELPS keep water out of the bearing. But the beairing itself should also have it's own seals as a secondary helper.

You also want to grease mthe axle threads and axle itself so that it will come out easy in the future.

ANY metal to metal parts will get water in them and rust so always put a light coat of grease on everything unless you like smashing things apart.