PDA

View Full Version : Ytm225 fork rebuild questions

Trike_crazy
03-06-2015, 07:49 PM
Ok, so I did an engine swap last year before trikefest and got it going in time to take it with me. The one thing I noticed is that the front end seems really bouncy. I wanted to rebuild the forks on and I figured it would be a good winter project but with my procrastination and 20 other projects that I have going on I never got around to it. So that's where I'm now.

What I'm wanting to know is what parts should I get other then the seals? Or better yet what to look out for while taking these apart and reconditioning them? Later on down the road I'm going to look into swapping on a different yamaha front end or fork tubes. Possibly from a big wheel or TW200 with the disk brake. I know the tri z front end can work but thats more then I want to spend at the moment.
Ive posted these pics to help. Any information or guidance would help. Thanks

Trike_crazy
03-09-2015, 11:21 PM
Has anyone rebuilt a set of these forks? I'm just looking for some insight on what parts to look out for so that i can have everything I need on hand. I don't like down time in the middle of a project. It really slows the momentum

Jmoozy27
03-09-2015, 11:42 PM
When I changed the oil on YTM200ern forks the spring loaded caps with the snap rings to hold in place were a beeatch to get off and back on. My forks are bent so I have been actively looking for replacements. Anything with screw caps would be nice. Yamaha has made many machines with 30mm forks. Disc brakes would be cool to have too.

MonroeMike
03-11-2015, 11:22 PM
Check out this thread, may help.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/89417-Yamaha-YTM-Front-Shock-Disassembly-How-To