PDA

View Full Version : how to test atc 185s lightning coil

trimoto55
02-26-2015, 08:30 PM
Hello everyone!!! I have been a member here for about 15 plus years and have always been a huge trike fan!! Recently the lights stopped working on my 1982 ATC 185s fully restored which I will post pics soon!!! I would like to know which is the easiest way to test the lightning coil?..... also if its bad I saw Ricky Stator makes one but I would need a regulator how do I hook that up if my coil is bad? Thank You everyone for your help.

trimoto55
02-26-2015, 10:29 PM
I know the kill switch and light switch are separate would a fault light switch cause this? I checked all the wires they seem fine... the manual says to check the continuity between the yellow wore and a ground on frame is this correct if anyone can chime in ??? thanks everyone

trimoto55
02-26-2015, 11:56 PM
I also tested the continuity between the yellow wire and a ground on the frame and it was ok..... so to be sure I dunno if that works I took off the flywheel and tested continuity on the lightning coil by the 2 screws that it bolts onto the stator plate... does that work? I checked all wires my only question I guess will a faulty light switch cause no lights please help fellow trikers !!!! I wanna keep another one going since we are a dieing breed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scootertrash
03-01-2015, 08:17 AM
Here's a link to the manual:

http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/honda/Honda_ATC185s_200_Service_Manual.pdf