PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Barrel Position on 85R ?

Onetrackmind
02-25-2015, 11:16 AM
So, I've got another active topic concerning my carb issues and have asked so many questions on it (thanks for all of the answers by the way), that I think this one may have been buried by all of my ignorance. Can someone tell me the correct position of the throttle slider (at closed throttle) on this 85R. I attached a photo, but am estimating that it is about 1/4" open at closed throttle. When I go to WOT, the slider probably continues about 1/4" past the opening.

As usual, thanks for the help.

cobradude
02-25-2015, 01:16 PM
Disconnect your throttle cable & put the slide back in. Look in the carb like you did in the pic & you will see where it should be at closed throttle.

Onetrackmind
02-25-2015, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the reply. Getting that throttle barrel assembly was a booger...not looking forward to doing it again, but will do. I just noticed the correlation between the notch in that barrel and the idle screw. It is starting to make sense now. When adjusting the idle, you are physically changing how far the barrel is down the tube. If that screw was out, the barrel would be fully almost closed, right? Brakes aren't the only thing i have limited knowledge of :cry: