PDA

View Full Version : Need some 200x help please

Jonathan
12-02-2002, 09:49 PM
Ok, I'm tearing my 84 200x motor apart and I can't seem to get the oil rotor nut off, same goes for the clutch nut thing. I have the special wrench to do it with but the nut won't come loose. I've even banged on the wrench with a 2 pound hammer. Thanks for any help.

200xer
12-02-2002, 10:49 PM
edit: I read your message wrong.

Wickedfinger
12-02-2002, 10:57 PM
.... Try tightening it - I don't think it is, but it might be reverse threaded.

GlennMc
12-03-2002, 09:05 AM
Jonathon;
I just had my 200M motor apart and it definitely was a left handed thread on the oil rotor nut. The nut was also "staked" down by a center punch into a relief on the shaft. It will move easier if you lift out the staked down portion. I don't remember the clutch nut being left handed though. It spins in the opposite direction so a left handed thread would not make sense there. Put your transmission in top gear ( 5th or 6th ) and put your chain over the chain sprocket on the engine. Use a screwdriver to hold the chain from spinning and this might allow you to get enough torque on the nuts to remove them. Good luck, GlennMc.

12-03-2002, 09:24 AM
NO NO NO!!! the nuts are Right Handed (tried it on mine the first time....no manual!!!) as far as gettin it off....i had no problem.....does the transmission turn when you try to loosen them??? if so it says to stick a penny (COPPER) in the gears.....the penny will give before the gears do....hope this helps...let us know
Brad