PDA

View Full Version : Boredom and the Tecate

Ryanq55
02-01-2015, 04:06 AM
Well, the weather was poor and raining, the wife was working, I had the two kids, so I decided to run to PepBoys, ended up getting some Green Plasti-dip and this is what I ended up with...trying to add some tasteful, not over the top color....the original plan was to powdercoat the wheels black and the hubs green but I didn't want to pay the powdercoater an extra $100 for a bag of green powder so I ended up just going with the black hubs...I kinda like just the reinforcement ring being green so I think I'll leave it...anyone have any ideas on what to do with the front???

aramid
02-01-2015, 04:24 AM
well it looks like you have kinda plasti dipped your way into a corner . . i would think about putting a green band on the flat part of the front rim just outside of the nuts extending to where the rim goes to 90 degrees . . in other words, around 3/4" thick . . i might install some flashy chrome acorn nuts on the front also . . they will look cool plys they will blend in better with the shiny rim so they wont stand out like the current ones do . . they make several styles . . they should have washers under them.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyjHxLNlQuxyr64bN6br5i0QrJYpoSs XcW1EAsZd_g5Us0ofuJgAaNEFxC
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDO5McCvanzDS_kf1ri4CaX-a1CrlPOhK39zUyUpB51_qLP1REF1FIpxFp
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnEzoeK2lCmLUjRx38zqfYYD--b9X3FmOXEkza6NF7f8D3kO1XZR6OOUM

cr480r
02-01-2015, 05:58 AM
Kawasakis (except red ones) already have plenty of tasteful color. I don't think the greens are a close enough match, but a excellent looking bike none the less. Maybe they offer a blue that would match the seat and boots?

cdrookie
02-01-2015, 06:39 AM
paint the hubs blue not black, also don't think the green is close enough of a match. PJI makes an epoxy sprat paint in factory colors, not the easiest spray paint to use but is durable. i've also used minwax polyurethane as a clear coat, and had it hold up well.

Ryanq55
02-01-2015, 11:35 AM
Yea that was my dig too...they don't match, but at least I can peel it right off!! :) I do want to get the black hubs swapped to another color

nstyle73
02-01-2015, 11:53 AM
Nice bike. I don't know what kind of tire you are running up front, but you could fill in the letters in green. A lot of the old Dunlops on the Tecates were filled in white. Are you running a Clarke tank or painted. If it is a Clarke, how does it fit?

Ryanq55
02-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Nice bike. I don't know what kind of tire you are running up front, but you could fill in the letters in green. A lot of the old Dunlops on the Tecates were filled in white. Are you running a Clarke tank or painted. If it is a Clarke, how does it fit?

Thanks, and yes the tank is from Clarke! The fit is pretty good as far as bolting to stock mounting points, however it does give you a gap where the seat meets the tank, and I just realized the other day that the triple clamps kiss the tank just before hitting the steering stops... :/