PDA

View Full Version : Where to start Jetting 300r

90guy
01-16-2015, 06:25 PM
Ok guys. I am curious on just a rough Idea where to start on jetting? Yes I know i wont get it jetted where I want on the board I just want a good start point. I just dont want to have a run away motor like I did once.... I have a 36mm Mikuni TMX with The current jets in it are: Main Jet - 270......Pilot Jet - 25. Is this a good place to begin with the jetting? I am at 544m above sea level. Any help is appreciated!

El Camexican
01-16-2015, 10:29 PM
Near as I've read and experienced most new Mikuni and Keihin carbs come with jets that are close enough to safely start and ride around, just set the screws at the recommended start points. It should start and run like that. Unless those are NOT the jets Mikuni sold the carb with the odds of it running away are nil. If it does it won't be because of the jets.

The only thing I'd avoid is an extended top end run until you get comfortable with how its running and when in doubt put a bigger main in.

If the carb is used and you don't know what jets it came with call Sudco and ask.

90guy
01-16-2015, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yeah it's a used carb. It's from esr wonder if they would give me some I put on it. Never had thought about calling sudco.