PDA

View Full Version : 85. Triz fuel pump

justin4
01-07-2015, 03:48 PM
I can get fuel from the tank to the pump I can fog the air box with either and get it to fire but can't get get the pump to prime is there a rebuild kit still or some thing else I can look at. Thanks for any help. Aside note ( kasey) I am still coming to see you but the pipes in our kitchen froze and trashed our kitchen the morning we where suppose to leave. I am glad we didn't that would have been a sh.... Weekend. I will get in contact with you. The 85 I am working on now but the 86 is in the lineup . Thanks for the help. Who said Vegas is warm !! !!!!!!!!!

NeverLift
01-07-2015, 05:54 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Genuine-Yamaha-Tri-Z-YTZ250-Fuel-Pump-Seal-Kit-38W-W1391-01-OEM-/171351719791?hash=item27e55bbf6f&vxp=mtr

Here is a Yamaha rebuild kit. I believe you can still order them from the dealer. You can prime the carb by blowing into the gas tank vent line. I do it every time I change jets works great.

oile
01-07-2015, 06:20 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mikuni-fuel-pump-repair-kit-for-Mikuni-MK-DF52-PUMPS-/161548910736?pt=Personal_Watercraft_Parts&hash=item259d10c090&vxp=mtr

justin4
01-07-2015, 07:55 PM
Thanks
I'll try I am new to the triz and go buy 2. Dumb ass . Thanks again

El Camexican
01-07-2015, 11:33 PM
When you get the pump together you can prime it by blowing into the vent hose in your triple tree. It also works great when the trike has sat for a while and the bowl level is low due to evaporation. Turns 3 or 4 kicks into just 1 or 2.

Can't remember who on here told me about that, but my leg and foot peg can never thank them enough for that tip:beer

justin4
01-08-2015, 01:22 AM
Thanks for the tip.i ordered the kit so hopefully it will be going on a trip before tear down. The 86 I ha the guy I got from did a frame off resto but when putting the clutch together he broke thee bolts off in the basket so I have to open that up next and see what I need . Does anyone have a clutch laying around or know of new I can get. My money is green because my girl can't set up PayPal for me, so any help with that would be great tooooooo. Thanks for the help.

NeverLift
01-08-2015, 11:17 AM
I have about 5 clutch assemblies. I'm guessing you'll need the inner hub as that's where the spring bolts go. When you get it apart let me know what you need.

muthey
01-08-2015, 03:49 PM
I broke 2 off on mine last spring and repaired it fairly easily. I ran bolts all the way through all of them to make sure the threads were good , and then I marked bolts for each stud and ran them in about a half inch apiece, this is where it gets tricky they all have to be the same depth in from the back of the boss or you will throw it off balance, after that you cut them off on the back side of the boss. Make sure to use extra strength loctite when putting the studs in. has worked great for me for almost a year now with no issues. The one nice thing is this adds weight to your clutches which should add a quicker grab when taking off. If you are uncertain of the procedure don't do it there is very little room for error.