PDA

View Full Version : OEM parts still at dealers 1985 Honda atc 250r headlight shroud (brand new)

Marty
01-05-2015, 03:28 PM
Fount this light shroud brand new at a Honda dealership in Ohio just received it today. The stuff is out there you just have to bang away calling to see if it available. Reason this was still in stock part number fell of wrapper therefore dealer had no clue what it was for. Which it helped me getting at a fair price.207251

oile
01-05-2015, 03:36 PM
good job!!

Red Rider
01-05-2015, 04:47 PM
Nice score.

If the Honda dealer had no clue as to which bike it was for, how did you find it? Were you rummaging around behind the parts counter, or was it on a table full of markdowns or something? :wondering

Mosh
01-05-2015, 07:35 PM
All the cool trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro is in OHIO...

bkvette3
01-05-2015, 10:42 PM
Very nice find, Marty. Just curious - in regards to a '85 ATC250R - what is the correct "HONDA" decal that goes on this headlight bezel??? Is it a red background with Honda in white or silver???

Thanks in advance. BK3

Marty
01-06-2015, 01:38 AM
To be honest with you I really don't know, sorry

Samjp22
01-06-2015, 01:59 AM
Looking around it looks to be silver with a black outline

greenhuman
01-06-2015, 02:42 AM
Lucky boy!
This reminds of what our local Honda parts dealer did to me a few years ago.
I asked if he had any standard 70 rings so he says he thinks there was set of very old stock new ones out back. He comes back blowing dust off the packet and there written in marker pen was the price $3.62. He said this was the 1974 price and I said great. Then the old prick goes to the computer in front of me and starts looking up part numbers. I wondered what he was doing then he comes back to me, got out his pen, scratched out the old price and writes something like $29 on the box right in front of me and slides it across the counter.
I said what's this and he said it's the current price! I said they have been sitting out back on the shelf for over 30 years and you want to charge the current price? Well, that it take or leave it he says. They are still sitting there I hope.

jakep53
01-06-2015, 08:03 AM
Lucky boy!
This reminds of what our local Honda parts dealer did to me a few years ago.
I asked if he had any standard 70 rings so he says he thinks there was set of very old stock new ones out back. He comes back blowing dust off the packet and there written in marker pen was the price $3.62. He said this was the 1974 price and I said great. Then the old prick goes to the computer in front of me and starts looking up part numbers. I wondered what he was doing then he comes back to me, got out his pen, scratched out the old price and writes something like $29 on the box right in front of me and slides it across the counter.
I said what's this and he said it's the current price! I said they have been sitting out back on the shelf for over 30 years and you want to charge the current price? Well, that it take or leave it he says. They are still sitting there I hope.

green human have you ever found in NOS stuff at any Honda dealer around like tyres plastics anything like that?

rdlsz24
01-06-2015, 12:58 PM
I had emailed the old Honda dealer near me about NOS trike parts but he wanted specific part numbers. I didn't feel like going through and finding the part numbers of the hot ticket items at the time but I may still do it.

Rob

Marty
01-06-2015, 02:30 PM
All I can tell you is just be nice when speaking to parts guy. Most of the time I speak to Parts mgr. Just be considerate and most of all be polite but let him know what you are looking for.