PDA

View Full Version : 86-87 Tecate Needed for Filming at Trikefest

ATV On Demand
01-04-2015, 01:09 PM
Rob Ray and I are hard at work preparing for two Classics video shoots, one for the Honda 200X and another for the 250SX. Having received lots of requests for more vintage tests we are turning to the three-wheeled community for help in acquiring some beautiful vintage iron for filming.

We are looking for an individual or individuals, attending Trikefest in 2015, with a 1986-1987 Tecate 3, who would like to have their machine, and or themselves, featured in a Classics test of the machine that gave Hondas fits in the stadiums.

What we need from you,
1. Attend Trikefest in 2015
2. make your machine available for one entire day of filming both still and action shots. It must be fully detailed and dirt free
3. You must be willing to let our rider, Rob Ray ride your machine. Rob respects other peoples equipment and wont push it as hard as he would push his own.
4. Skilled owners are also invited to ride as long as you posses a full set of riding gear in good, clean, condition

Disclaimer
By participating you are accepting full responsibility for any mechanical failures or accidental damage to your machine during, or after testing. You are also accepting responsability for yourself, should you wad it up.

If you would like to participate, please post a picture or pictures of your Tecate below. Hit me up with any questions you may have.

Thanks
Joe

motoman1012002
01-04-2015, 02:03 PM
joe be pretty neat if you could get a tecate here in tennessee and I know where the number 111 kawie man lives Mr Jackie Meadows, he would be all over this.

MIK6
01-04-2015, 02:25 PM
My T3s will be there.. rob is more than welcome to play w them.
They do not look stock and are not stock. Blue tank covers, frame ect..
My 87 is more a drag trike w a sprock 300, alot of motor tricks a ton of CGR and other board members parts.
My 86 is setup as a trail trike w a sprock 300 in it as well.
Pm me a # and I can call and tell you more..

MIK6
01-04-2015, 02:27 PM
There is also a chance on 3rd T3 that I am adding to the stable.. but not sure if it will make it to TF.
I am pretty sure I will have the miniT3 w me too. KX80 conversation from back in the day..

MIK6
01-04-2015, 02:34 PM
My 86 when setup for MX..

MIK6
01-04-2015, 02:36 PM
Here they are when setup for ice..
87 on left, miniT3 middle and 86 on rt..

oile
01-04-2015, 02:40 PM
I will be there this year you can use this Tecate if you guys want.207160

88 Turbo Coupe
01-04-2015, 06:11 PM
I have a low hour 87SX. I wont be there but maybe some one can bring it. And not to forget to bring it back. I can send pics. Just have to dig it out.

rray62
01-04-2015, 08:16 PM
We are using my SX for the test, everything is original except the tires. Still has the original grips. We just need a Tecate for trikefest. I'm in the process of freshening up Joe's 200X, bearings, timing chain, and cleaning. We plan on shooting both bikes as soon as the weather clears up.

88 Turbo Coupe
01-04-2015, 08:38 PM
Alright, Cool

ATV On Demand
01-04-2015, 10:55 PM
joe be pretty neat if you could get a tecate here in tennessee and I know where the number 111 kawie man lives Mr Jackie Meadows, he would be all over this.

It would be difficult to get to Tennessee with a pristine Tecate for Jackie to ride, although it would be pretty darn sweet. If we could get interview with him to add to the test, like we did with Allen Knowles and Jimmy White from the ATC250R video.

slashfan7964
01-05-2015, 03:21 PM
Can't wait for these videos!! Hope someone has a clean original Tecate they can use.

torker
01-05-2015, 07:23 PM
This is AWESOME!!!
Looking forward to the vid's. After all, I'm subscribed to the youtube channel...
Thanks for featuring the Founding Father's of ATVing...

TORKER.

86T3
01-05-2015, 08:01 PM
Are you looking for a stock tecate or is a modified one ok?

rray62
01-05-2015, 11:03 PM
We know it will be hard, but we would like to find one as close to factory as possible.

fabiodriven
01-05-2015, 11:05 PM
Rob I have two NOS Pro Vectors you can borrow at Trikefest if you'd like to make your SX 100% OEM for testing.

rray62
01-06-2015, 05:51 PM
Dude, that would be sweet!!!!!!!! But unfortunately, we plan on shooting the X and SX in Feb. or March, depending on when the weather will cooperate. That way we can concentrate completely on the Tecate at TF. We are considering doing a small project build on the SX, but if we don't, I might just have to buy those from you if you are willing to part with them :naughty:

slashfan7964
01-06-2015, 07:28 PM
Hey Rob, are you guys still comparing the first and second gen 200X's as well? I know there was talk of that a while back.

fabiodriven
01-06-2015, 08:14 PM
They are not for sale but thank you anyways buddy.

rray62
01-06-2015, 09:54 PM
It never hurts to ask :D We would like to do some comparison between the two, we just haven't figured out how we want to do it. I'm letting him figure that out, right now I'm just trying to relax and recover from riding in his Polaris 570 vs Can-am 500 shootout, those quads wore me out!!! A lot harder to throw around than 3 wheelers!!

slashfan7964
01-06-2015, 11:40 PM
It never hurts to ask :D We would like to do some comparison between the two, we just haven't figured out how we want to do it. I'm letting him figure that out, right now I'm just trying to relax and recover from riding in his Polaris 570 vs Can-am 500 shootout, those quads wore me out!!! A lot harder to throw around than 3 wheelers!!

That's great to hear. Hope you guys get it figured out.

ATV On Demand
01-07-2015, 09:30 PM
Slashfan, Shannon Roberts has an 86 200X. We were planning on trying to get together to cover both generations in one video. I think most of the racing happened on the first generation machine so there is more to talk about with the fist generation machine, so we figured we should cover them together.

Toker, Thanks for subscribing to the YouTube channel and keeping up with us. Rob and I have a lot of fun doing these tests and everyone's appreciation really makes it worth the effort for both of us.

As far as unit condition, We have a couple of nice modded machines we've been offered rides on for filming and plan on getting footage of both of them if possible. We really want to find one with a stock swingarm, suspension, and would like it to be as close to stock as possible cosmetically. Exhausts, grab bars, and tires are no big deal but we would like stock size tires and stock gearing. Good jetting and clean running are a must. We need to experience how well that thing rips!

Thanks to Billy and 3WW for the front page post and helping spread the word on Facebook. If anyone knows anyone witha stock or close to stock Tecate from 1986 or 1987 we can make famous, please let them know what we are up to.

Samjp22
01-08-2015, 07:30 AM
Do you guys have future plans for the Tri-Z as well and possibly a Tiger?

slashfan7964
01-08-2015, 06:42 PM
Slashfan, Shannon Roberts has an 86 200X. We were planning on trying to get together to cover both generations in one video. I think most of the racing happened on the first generation machine so there is more to talk about with the fist generation machine, so we figured we should cover them together.

Toker, Thanks for subscribing to the YouTube channel and keeping up with us. Rob and I have a lot of fun doing these tests and everyone's appreciation really makes it worth the effort for both of us.

As far as unit condition, We have a couple of nice modded machines we've been offered rides on for filming and plan on getting footage of both of them if possible. We really want to find one with a stock swingarm, suspension, and would like it to be as close to stock as possible cosmetically. Exhausts, grab bars, and tires are no big deal but we would like stock size tires and stock gearing. Good jetting and clean running are a must. We need to experience how well that thing rips!

Thanks to Billy and 3WW for the front page post and helping spread the word on Facebook. If anyone knows anyone witha stock or close to stock Tecate from 1986 or 1987 we can make famous, please let them know what we are up to.

Absolutely fantastic news, that's going to make a lot of people happy. You guys are welcome about the front page post; we support you completely! If you guys are interested in other models as well, let me know and I'll see what I can dig up.

ATV On Demand
01-08-2015, 07:35 PM
Absolute, if we can find them in good running condition. We thought about doing a Tri-Z and a Tecate at TF, but it would take around an entire day to shoot each bike. I want to ride, maybe race, and have fun.

MIK6
01-08-2015, 08:27 PM
I can throw my Z on the trailer for TF.. Its a stock 85 1/2 Z w a new motor in perfect riding condition. Only mods are DG silencer, prm grab bar and tires..
It will be at TF if you guys want it..

MIK6
01-08-2015, 08:29 PM
I will prob be bringing the rustler back this year as well.. if ROB want to ride it he more than welcome to it.. LOL
But I doubt he will be jumping it that far.. lmao

rray62
01-11-2015, 07:13 PM
That's too funny!!!!!! With Photoshop, anything is possible :lol: