PDA

View Full Version : Need Tri-z help

smrover1
12-31-2014, 05:54 PM
Actually have 2 questions on the Tri-z motor?
207005 Does anybody know where this bolt goes?
It has an allen head the top of the bolt has a beveled head and came in crankcase bag from alloyBolts labeled crankcase?

Second question is why can i pull this so far up out of the motor? The push rod for the clutch is pushed up against it. but when u turn it and it pushes the clutch open like it should there is nothing really holding this down in the motor except the spring wraped around the top. Is that what holds it down in there ? The spring is a little messed up. The spring and arm are no longer available from yamaha

El Camexican
12-31-2014, 07:59 PM
The flat head bolt likely holds a bearing or seal locking plate of some sort near, or behind the clutch. It could also be on the stator side, or near the crank seal on the wet side. Those types of bolts are only used where clearance is an issue. I don't have a manual near by but that those are the most likely spots.

The clutch actuation lever is held in by the push-rod. If the rod is removed it can be pulled out of the cases. If the rod and the clutch pressure plate are installed it can't come out because the rod is inside the slot that pivots the rod against the pressure plate. It may be loose, but it can't come out. It was not Yamaha's finest engineering feat, but then again some would say that comment could be applied to a lot of the parts on that trike.

Hope that all made sense.

CRAZY70MAN
01-01-2015, 08:58 AM
I made a bracket that holds down the actuator. If clutch is nit adjusted or parts are wore, it can come out..mine did...lol..

smrover1
01-01-2015, 10:46 AM
Yeah mine will pull right out. Im not sure if its worn in the case where the actuator sits? the bearing at the top is brand new. I adjusted the rod tight against it with no luck Im starting to think the hole the rod goes through is egg shaped allowing the rod to ride on the far side of actuator and not right in the center of the flat spot.
207032 im wondering if bolt isnt #7 on diagram dont know why they would give me a polished bolt u wont see?

oile
01-01-2015, 11:56 AM
I bought there complete kit and they had so many bolt's messed up like wrong size in length wrong size diameter and wrong size pitch thread. I tryed to call them and help them out they basically insulted me telling I didn't know what I was talking about. I own over 10 Tri-z's I think I can tell them correct size lug nuts just for an example they couldn't even get the lug nuts right. So basically I'm saying there sending you stuff that doesn't even belong on you're 3 wheeler.

El Camexican
01-01-2015, 12:27 PM
I've only bought one "kit" in my life and it was complete and accurate (but it was only about 20 bolts). I've found the best way to do it is make a detailed list as you tear down the engine and go to this site http://www.allensfasteners.com/ and place the order. They cost less and ship very quickly, so by the time you clean your combustion chamber up the bolts arrive in marked bags. I've easily bought over 1,000 bolts from them and only twice has one come with damaged threads. If you want polished heads a buffer wheel on a drill will take care of that in less that 10 seconds a bolt and it will look better than what I got in my polished kit.

As far as that lever goes mine won't pull out with the rod in place, I've tried. So I guess wear is an issue.

smrover1
01-01-2015, 03:48 PM
This motor was a disaster a hole blown through case from the chain, clutch basket was all broke up, smoked piston, bad water pump impeller,clutch cover had a hole knocked in it.its starting to come together. The bolt kit seemed to be good just that one bolt didnt know where it went no big deal though.
As far as the clutch actuator im still stumped? I need to dress some of the bolts still up like coolant drain on cyl and other lil things

jmax857
01-04-2015, 06:41 PM
That bolt looks like one to hold the crank seal retainer, did you put the retainers in?