PDA

View Full Version : Its been a good day for me at least

86125m
12-27-2014, 12:57 AM
Its been a good day I finally got my 200m project bike running right. Ive been having spark advancer problems with it because the stupid people who had it before me ran the bike without the spark advancer cover :mad:. The springs were all rusted so those eventually disintegrated so I went to my favorate part shop and asked if they had any used advancer's that I could rob the springs off of. He looked for a while and couldnt find anything. So he showed me some springs that he had loose they were not the right size but he told me take them I could have them for free, About time too they get a lot of my money :D, Any how I got the springs and a new spark plug. So when I got back to the house cut the springs too the right length put them on the advancer and that sucker ran better than ever. I'm so relieved I finally got this fixed this advancer has been a pain. To the part about the at least for me. We were trying to get my uncle John Deer tractor clutch fixed but after 4 days of working on I now call it the tractor from Hell we find and fix one problem and another keeps popping up. Needless to say I hate John Deer tractors.

tri again
12-28-2014, 04:20 PM
I have both.
1947 j d 2 cyl and silly honda trikes.

someone is looking for advance spring fix today.
Not sure what to tell them.

so? everything works now? or you just need to vent.
yeah, that advancer plate can get stuck in the advanced position and cause all kinds of cold start issues.
glad you caught it.

yeah, I had to wweld the throw out 'fork on the JD because it would twist and throw the snap ring.
some silly 2 part throw out deal for no real purpose except to take the tractor in half more than once is no fun.

effort=results
12-28-2014, 05:27 PM
Glad you got er'runin. Cool that u found somethin to adapt to it.

Jmoozy27
12-28-2014, 06:52 PM
I have a bunch of 200s parts if you need some let me know

86125m
12-28-2014, 09:56 PM
yea the engine runs perfectly now. i dont need any parts as of right now but ya never no what the future may bring.