PDA

View Full Version : Honda 250SX plastic questions

IronBear
12-24-2014, 12:47 PM
Hello,

I'm wondering if you guys can answer a question for me. Is the rear plastic from a 1985 Honda 250SX different than a 1986 or 1987 model year? The part numbers are different but they look similar in color, both are passion red? I remember my 1987 seemed to be a little brighter but maybe it was because of age, I知 not sure.

Basically I知 looking for a confirmation one way or the other.

Thanks again and happy holidays!

Dave Little
12-24-2014, 09:07 PM
I know the rubber hasp for the tool box lid was different for all 3 years but that is still a separate part unless it's included in the replacement, possibly triggering the kick in part numbers?

nstyle73
12-25-2014, 12:09 AM
Splitting hairs, probably some small differences. In your case, as you probably aren't buy NOS ones for a restore, or maybe you are, easily interchangeable. I have a VERY nice set of 86's I could take some pics of if you want something to compare to.

IronBear
12-27-2014, 02:03 PM
I know the rubber hasp for the tool box lid was different for all 3 years but that is still a separate part unless it's included in the replacement, possibly triggering the kick in part numbers?

Thanks Dave

IronBear
12-27-2014, 02:07 PM
Splitting hairs, probably some small differences. In your case, as you probably aren't buy NOS ones for a restore, or maybe you are, easily interchangeable. I have a VERY nice set of 86's I could take some pics of if you want something to compare to.

Thanks nstyle73, I located a NOS rear fender for an 87 that I just pulled the trigger on. My rear fender has seen better days. my plans are to someday restore my 85 as a father/ son project. I'm slowly gathering the parts I need to do the restore.

I just wasn't sure of the differences between the model years.

Thanks guys ��