PDA

View Full Version : 1985 tri x value question

90nut
12-11-2014, 08:00 PM
have a question in regards to the going price of an 85 tri z in good conditon? runs rides and is clean. cant say if it is original or has any aftermarket parts on it. it has been sitting at the honda shop for a few years and they have been calling me recently about buying it. fan of two strokes but have never ridden one or even looked at one before. any input would be great. thanks

El Camexican
12-11-2014, 10:11 PM
cant say if it is original or has any aftermarket parts on it.

Neither can anyone else unless you post some pics. Could be worth $600 or $2,000 if it runs good.

gootheboy
12-11-2014, 10:12 PM
depends on where you are. known problems typically are fuel pump/line issues and cooling issues. water pump impeller doesn't like to stay conected to the shaft and will cook the top end. the closer to original the better for value. i'd say 1000-1800 would be fair on the east coast depending on how nice/ orignal it is. they handle a bit odd compared to most every other sport trike. lower center of gravity but its farther back and will change depending on how much fuel you got in it. longer then most everything but fairly narrow. handles speed well. sometimes needs convincing in corners. at least this is what i've learned from my z

90nut
12-12-2014, 08:09 PM
yea i know a picture is worth a thousand words. I didnt get a chance to get to the shop to look at it tonight but am going to go there in the morning. maybe i will get a couple pictures of it if to post up if i dont end up bringing it home! I have a bad problem with "looking" at things that i like. Usually end up buying them!! but like i said it looks to be in originalish condition from what i remember. good plastic and runs great. guy who owns it is filthy rich, and i believe he is the original owner. Hopefully i can post up some pics tomorrow, have a full day lined up as of now but i will be at the honda shop to investigate this machine tomorrow.