PDA

View Full Version : axle fitment questions

fordnut79@hotma
12-09-2014, 09:51 AM
Just a couple questions for you guys. the axle I have says lonestar 250r 07 01 02 on it ,no part number. From the pictures does anybody know if I need a clip behind the sprocket hub where that groove is or not, is this just how they came from lonestar. also does it need an insert colar on the bearing seal side of the sprocket hub like the trx450r PDF instructions on their site? I ask this because when I install the axle in the 1986 swingarm, the axle nut seems at the end of its adjustability.Or maybe I need that little spacer collar for the axle nut circlip if you know what I mean. any thoughts?
Thanks 205804205805205806205807205808
Thanks

Mosh
12-09-2014, 01:12 PM
There is no clip behind the sprocket hub. What you need to watch is sprocket/chain alignment. I have had some aftermarket axles actually let the sprocket hub ride in too close to the carrier. That usually will throw chain alignment off in which I have cut an old axle spacer tube to use as a shim against the sprocket hub to bring the chain out towards the wheel where it belongs and get the proper carrier to sprocket hub clearance.

You have to have that snap ring spacer on the right side. It takes up like 1/8 inch of the threads and if you dont use it it will just push the snap ring out of the axle groove.