PDA

View Full Version : 6 inches of snow, which tires to use-tri-z?

Tri-Z Pilot
01-15-2004, 09:44 AM
Should I use my 22/11/8 kenda vipers, or should I switch over to my 20/10/9 400ex ohtsu's, which do you think would work better?

TimSr
01-15-2004, 09:49 AM
I suggest trying them both, and then youll have first hand credible knowledge unlike the majority of answers youll get.

Tri-Z Pilot
01-15-2004, 09:51 AM
Ya know, I think I will do that, then report my findings.

Tri-Z Pilot
01-15-2004, 02:00 PM
OK, I have come to this conclusion, the ohtsu tires are better for dry weather, where as the vipers suck any other time, except for the snow, they offered really good floatation. This is my first winter with a tri-z, (one that runs anyways), and I was amazed at how the trike could do good donuts when you revved it up and dumped the clutch, but I was even more amazed at how the bottom end power would blow donuts even better, and when I would get stuck, I would just use the power right above stalling the engine and the trike would pull on out, almost like a tractor. Needless to say, it is a lot better then having to revv and spin my way around like my blaster, but I had a hard time keeping the front end from pushing (maybe it's the 25 inch front tire?), I wander if the 23inch front on my yellow z would track better?