PDA

View Full Version : Gear Pro Sport Action Cams on sale @ woot.com

cbx1170
11-01-2014, 07:16 AM
Dont know how good they are. Prolly should check reviews but price is coming down on these cameras lately. But based on previous one day sell outs on woot these will be gone fast.
woot.com
http://www.woot.com/plus/gear-pro-sport-action-cams-3?utm_source=Daily+Digest&utm_campaign=4f0e9770e2-Daily+Digest+-+20141101+-+Woot&utm_medium=email

Dirtcrasher
11-01-2014, 03:12 PM
The reviews are 50/50. And they give you no $$ back, just a credit with their store.

I got 1 to try it, if it dies and they don't give me my money back I'll just call my credit card company deal with it.

Oh, and thank you for the post. Reg price hear 200$, I think it was like 60$.....

Motorgidd
11-03-2014, 12:26 PM
I bought one a few months ago for $59 (1080p model) off Woot.com... Not a bad camera for the price. Obviously nowhere near a Go-Pro but for the money you really can't go wrong. Came with a bunch of accessories too. I mounted it to my front fork tube.

Motorgidd
11-16-2014, 07:51 AM
On sale today. Not branded Gear Pro, Pyle electronics instead.... looks to be same camera with different brand name.

http://electronics.woot.com/plus/pyle-action-cams-2

MRSOUND
11-16-2014, 02:45 PM
Well I bit the bullet and bought one. @ $60 I'll see how much I actually use it. If find myself using it alot and want better quality I'll upgrade. Thanks for the update!

MRSOUND
02-04-2015, 09:06 AM
So I gave the Pyle "Go pro" style camera it's first real test at Pennslytucky last wkd. A few observations. Once camera is in protective case there is no way to change functionality. For example if it set on "movie" there is no way to change to "photograph" without taking it out of the protective case. Sound is also very much depleted while inside the case. Mounting is done with common camera tripod style threaded connections. GoPro brand mounts will not work with this camera. The mounts seem to be decent at best but what more do you want for the price. Picture quality again is relevant to the price payed. I can accurately surmise that the handlebar mount (actually mounted to the headlight guard of my 250sx)can not sustain a barrel roll down an approx 20 ft hill when operator ego exceeds operator skill and machine capability. With that I present video example. Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eE2LIkZ4tw
PS if ya hangout past the "blackout" in the video there is little more footage (after my fat arse gets up which landed on the camera after it broke free of the mount)
Feedback on video quality and rider skills accepted humbly.

R-N-D
02-04-2015, 11:03 AM
Looks like you were alright after the roll. I've been there before. Had to laugh a bit after knowing you were on your feet. Brings back memories of me doing/trying the same thing when I really had no business doing so. As for the picture quality, I honestly don't think it's bad at all. I have a GoPro and it's really not that far off. For the money, I think you did well. Unless you use it a ton, I'd continue to use it until it dies or you are ready to upgrade. Thanks for the video.

MRSOUND
02-04-2015, 09:27 PM
I thought stabilization would be worse. But honestly wasn't that bad. Really not complaining for the price.

Ghostv2
02-05-2015, 12:53 AM
I've been looking for a cheap alternative for a this spring. I don't do anything that crazy so I don't want to spend $3-400 on a gopro and all the mounts and gear. Especially when I'm using it strictly for riding and It will take a pounding every time I use It. And seeing that video and even being there MRSOUND I had no clue it wasn't a gopro. That is good enough quality for what I'm using it for. The only function I wish they had was a remote. Or the ability to use your phone as a viewfinder and remote.

I wanna find a waterproof case and put it on a fishing line. Now that would be cool. Just don't get your line stuck or your out one expensive lure.

MRSOUND
02-05-2015, 07:46 AM
It comes with a waterproof case and a remote. I had it in the case the whole wkd of the ride. The remote I have not played with. Pic of what all it came with.. The "bar clamp" is what broke when I rolled.