PDA

View Full Version : 85 250r forks

threewheelin-feelin
10-28-2014, 11:16 PM
ok so i took my front forks to get rebuilt tonight and the guy told me that he would fix them but that they may still leak due to some pitting in the fork tube. after some research tonight i see the tubes are still available thrue honda at $220 a piece. my question is there any other options? after market? or a way to repair the tube for cheaper then $440 for 2 new ones or does
someone have a rebuilt set at a good price?

Flyingw
10-28-2014, 11:32 PM
Once the tubes are pitted, the only way to repair them is to have the tubes stripped and replated with hard chrome. NOT a cheap solution. Thanks to the EPA, hard chrome is very expensive to have done. Watch Ebay for a good set of forks. Rebuilding them is very simple. It takes about an hour.

aldochina
10-29-2014, 12:49 AM
i could probably come up with a set of tubes for ya. I have several sets of used and also new take offs.

threewheelin-feelin
10-29-2014, 04:16 PM
i could probably come up with a set of tubes for ya. I have several sets of used and also new take offs.

im thinking that just buying a set of forks ready to go on might be the better option. do you have any? and how are you thinking price wise