PDA

View Full Version : TRX 125 dies when hitting water holes

hondajas
01-13-2004, 09:43 PM
I just remember that this summer when riding my dad's '85 Honda TRX 125 that when you hit a nice water hole or watery-mud hole that the machine just quits. After sitting there for 2 minutes, you just fire it up and go. It never did it when driving normally, just in water and mud, and not deep water at all, just when it splashes everywhere. Could the spark plug cap be letting some water in, then it doesn't fire when it's wet. I've noticed that the cap is a little loose when moved side to side.

TeCaTe_MaN
01-13-2004, 10:03 PM
....thats your problem...

roofinggun
01-13-2004, 10:10 PM
Sound like the problem, but you could also check the breathers and intake air tubes to be sure they are not kinked. The may function fine until the other air around them is taken away.

renotrikeguy
01-13-2004, 10:26 PM
My younger brother had the same problem with his 450 Foreman.. Honda dealer told him it was dying because the colder water hitting the cylinder was causing it to lean out and die.. I don't know.. He tried it again with his choke on as he was going through the same puddle and it didn't die.. Maybe the Honda guy was right?

Tri-Z Pilot
01-13-2004, 10:41 PM
If the colder water hit the cylinder, it would run richer from being cooler. As for hondajas, you are likely getting water on an electrical component, or into your intake sytem.

motoman1012002
01-14-2004, 12:51 AM
all so ool at the tip of the coil where the spark pluge is st water gets in there and shorts it out it did to my 110