PDA

View Full Version : The best ATC 200

hondajas
01-13-2004, 09:01 PM
What do you think is the best ATC 200, and I am not counting the 200x's, they would win, of course. I'm talking about the 81-84 (85?) ATC 200 that were made, including the Big Reds, E, S, ES, M, etc. Which one is most reliable, I wanna get one for riding around and hunting. I was thinking of getting a 250ES or SX (since my 250ES blew up) but I can get a 200 for about 1000$ CND cheaper, I'd be stupid not to, but which one...

smokinp
01-13-2004, 09:03 PM
since you like hunting then you should get a big red because they have reverse.

hondajas
01-13-2004, 09:07 PM
A machine doesn't have to have reverse for me, and I don't really like an '84 model, with that shaft drive. First they are slower than the chain drives, and also if they ever do break, it costs a LOT because, well, don't know why, but it just does. Did they make a Big Red 200 with chain driven, electric start and reverse?

yater
01-13-2004, 09:08 PM
I have a 200es and really wish it had rear suspension. I didn't think I really needed it because I wasn't expecting much in the way of a plush ride when I bought it. After riding the 250es and sx, I'd rather have either one because of the rear suspension. I would go with 250sx and throw a rack on the rear. You can do anything with that.

hondajas
01-13-2004, 09:21 PM
Rear suspensions aren't that big to me. I live in a very boring, flat agricultural area. When I go hunting or to check my trapline, it's usually a distance on some dirt roads that go nowhere for many miles, then I go ride a couple hundred yards to get to the river where the trees are. Other then that it's all flat smooth places, so I don't need a read suspension. I also like LIGHT wheelers, something I can throw in and out of the truck between trapping sites.