PDA

View Full Version : 87 250SX shift lever

drsung
10-12-2014, 05:05 PM
Can someone confirm whether the shifter on the 87 250SX is black or silver? For some reason I was thinking it was going to be black, but I ordered a OEM and it is chrome??

Flyingw
10-12-2014, 06:30 PM
BLACK!!!! Honda probably ran out of the black ones and now is substituting the chrome one

UPNATM
10-12-2014, 07:48 PM
Since we are on the topic of shifters, has anybody noticed that some SX shifters have different bends to them?

Dirtcrasher
10-13-2014, 08:23 PM
Not sure, just bend it where it fits your riding boots the best! Too many people can't seem to shift well with FOX or similar boots and wear work boots.

I always advise people to raise the shifter a spline or 2 so it sits a bit higher. I just like the protection help MX boots do for you. ]

I tell people to get use to them before giving up. I feel as if my ankle and foot are so much better protected with real MX boots.

Also, I shift up by just moving my left foot outwards as it raises the shiftyer a bit and you aren't cramped in there with the dot to dot OEM position.

I wear knee protectors half way in those MX boots and it make my lower leg protected very well. Not just a race track but a new place to wood ride makes me feel so much more protected than a pair of sneakers!! :D