PDA

View Full Version : Someone selling repro Dunlop KT577a tires

Stingray
10-11-2014, 11:04 PM
This Craiglist add is in most major cities.

http://denver.craigslist.org/snw/4667398742.html

Hope they make the fronts also.
The number in Miami, FL area code. Anyone here?

Joseph Farrow
10-12-2014, 01:31 AM
It has been a topic of Major discussion on here. lol

tecaterob
10-12-2014, 08:35 AM
Everyone in Miami only use these tires for street drag. Only the bikes not haven't too much power. I'm sorry but I don't see the return in investment if you ask me. Now having a different name everyone is going to be saying its a china copy and etc...

nd4speed
10-12-2014, 11:02 PM
Are those the famous pirated pictures? lol...we will see or not see , only time will tell

DohcBikes
10-13-2014, 08:30 AM
This whole deal is dumb. Aside from being a bad investment in the first place, they don't even have the right name on em. They might sell just because they are tires. Other than that I can't see anybody serious wanting the wrong brand on tires that are basically being marketed as restoration parts. Really, really dumb.

In my opinion.

On the other hand, you go girl! Oops I mean boy, Boy Boy Boy.

slashfan7964
10-13-2014, 02:43 PM
Quite honestly I couldn't care less if they have a different name on them as long as the tread pattern is the same. However I do believe it wasn't a wise investment.

Louis Mielke
10-13-2014, 10:33 PM
I love these tires (the oem ones). If they're anything like oem, even close I'll be buying a few sets.

82 250r
10-14-2014, 12:41 AM
Quite honestly I couldn't care less if they have a different name on them as long as the tread pattern is the same. However I do believe it wasn't a wise investment.

^^^Agreed...the best tread pattern ever...I don't really care what the name is.

DohcBikes
10-14-2014, 07:15 AM
Well best of luck to you guys and ten other people that will want them. Then of course, only a percentage of those people will purchase.

Joseph Farrow
10-14-2014, 10:23 AM
Maybe they will make the Front next......

Red Rider
10-14-2014, 04:52 PM
Maybe they will make the Front next......That would probably be received more enthusiastically here at 3ww, but who would want to undertake that, especially after all the Debbie Downers here?

honda200x1987
10-14-2014, 07:21 PM
I beg to differ,, as long as the price is right IMO this tire will do very well in the market not only for the sport ATC's which are growing in popularity but this tire fits the sport 4 wheelers also . Who cares what name is printed on the side because this tire has the only tread pattern that looks right on the 3 wheelers. I did ask about the KT576 and I really hope this tire sells well for him because it is possible they will be reproed also, we will see. I fully support anyone making anything that Honda discontinued and I can't wait to see how this pans out!

DohcBikes
10-14-2014, 07:31 PM
The ONLY tread pattern that looks right on 3 wheelers huh. Lol. Ok.

It'll just be another choice of tire. There are lots of great patterns for all types of riding.

I wish the guy well if he wishes the same for others. From what I've read from other members, he's kind of a Richard. That alone will hinder sales.

honda200x1987
10-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Enough said ..
That would probably be received more enthusiastically here at 3ww, but who would want to undertake that, especially after all the Debbie Downers here?

Tekawte1
10-16-2014, 01:04 AM
I beg to differ,, as long as the price is right IMO this tire will do very well in the market not only for the sport ATC's which are growing in popularity but this tire fits the sport 4 wheelers also . Who cares what name is printed on the side because this tire has the only tread pattern that looks right on the 3 wheelers. I did ask about the KT576 and I really hope this tire sells well for him because it is possible they will be reproed also, we will see. I fully support anyone making anything that Honda discontinued and I can't wait to see how this pans out!

There is a NEW OE KT576 for sale on ebay right now. Link in ebay/craig forum.