PDA

View Full Version : 300SX project tires

Rajunrick
09-29-2014, 07:45 PM
Hey all, still working on this thing. Need some advice now. Here's a recap of what I have now:
Started life as an 85 ATC250SX, been stripped to frame and painted, rebuilt 86 ATC250R front end, 86 TRX250 swingarm and axle, stock SX ring gear, 91 TRX300 engine with mods (10.25:1 Wiseco piston .040", 40b Webb Cam, rebuilt head with performance springs, new clutches), 350X carb, etc.

Now here is my issue, tires. Have narrowed my choices down to three: ITP Mudlites, STI Black Diamond ATR, and GBC DirtDevils. My tire sizes are 25x8-11 and 25x12-9. I live in Louisiana so the terrain will vary from trail to slop. I like all 3 and can't make my mind up, so I am presenting my choices to the ATC court to help me make my decision.

jakep53
09-30-2014, 04:54 AM
if it were me I would say black diamonds or dirtdevils!

Rajunrick
09-30-2014, 07:17 AM
Have been leaning towards the Diamonds because they're heavy duty radials, but don't know how a heavy (weight wise) tire will react on a 3 wheeler. My dad has a set of Devils on the back of his 300, and they seems to grip without fail. Price wise from most to least expensive are the Diamonds, Lites, and the Devils. To be honest, the Diamonds have caught my attention. I have friends who claim the Mudlite is a great tire and my dad who
claims the DirtDevil is great, but they are all talking about them in reference to a ATV. I want grip when I need it, but to slip when I want to play.

Rajunrick
10-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Well, after talking to many people I have finally come to a decision and made my purchase about 5 minutes ago. I am going to give the STI Black Diamond ATR's a try. Will get pics up of the tires once I get them in and mounted. Project Frankenstein just may get finished this year.