PDA

View Full Version : pee'n gas when up on grab bar

frauke75
09-23-2014, 11:09 PM
Might be a stupid question but I tipped my 250es up on my it's grab bar to look at the front wheel and gas was just pissing out a drain hose till I turned the petcock off. The tank was just filled if that matters.
I am not surprised it leaked some... but the flow was way more than I would have thought... like a good piss that never ends.
Is this normal or is the float sticking or something?

DohcBikes
09-23-2014, 11:18 PM
Inside the carb there is a tube to allow overflow in the event of a float being stuck open. When you tipped it back the top of the tube is parallel and submerged under fuel in the carb bowl, allowing the fuel to escape through the drain tube.

Ok, now that I was super nice explaining,,,,...ya, thats a pretty stupid question, methinks maybe you just wanted to say pee in a thread title..:beer

frauke75
09-24-2014, 12:08 AM
Thanks... but it was justa accurate descriptive of the volume and rate of flow...but one I actually can't take credit for.
My 2 year old who I was watching me is who noticed it first said: "daddy red peee'n"

I guess I did not think the bowl was that big... and it stopped exactly when I turned off the petcock so it seemed like it was running straight out the tank.

Now... this time I actually did just want to say petcock again

tripledog
09-24-2014, 12:36 AM
Those bowls that you didn't think were "that big" will come back to bite you in the arse on occasion; from what I've heard.

SteveCZ28
09-24-2014, 02:45 AM
when sitting on the grab bar, your bypassing the bowl completely. it will drain the entire gas tank if you dont catch it and turn the petcock off. which is why it quit when you turned it off.

frauke75
09-24-2014, 10:43 AM
Thanks... That's what I needed to know.