PDA

View Full Version : First gen "r"

R.J.M.
09-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Just picked up this trike last weekend and it's goin to be my first actual project, my son is excited about it and that's got me that much more excited as well. It's a complete basket case, everything is completely tore apart all the way to the transmission. But he atleast put it all in bags and labeled everything to make it a little easier. Tried tried registering on another forum but to my ignorance with there questions it wouldn't let me. But anywho.....this being my first build its goin to be a long process as I'm learning as I go and $$ lol. I'll post pics as soon as I can of what we are starting with and as we go.

pipeline triker
09-08-2014, 07:14 PM
What year ya got? 81-or 82, I really like the first gens, and have many. Make sure and pic up a manual for it, I have done a bunch and still sometimes need to look up how something is routed or lined up. Post some pics up whan you get a chance, we all like pics.

nicker71
09-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Sounds like you have yourself a big project for you and your son. I have quite a few engine parts for the first and second gen R and live here in Missouri as well. Id be happy to help anyway I can.

R.J.M.
09-09-2014, 10:26 AM
It's an 82, we sure do have our work cut there's no doubt about it lol. I'll try and post some pics in the next few days, swamped at work and haven't even opened the garage to look at it. Nicker71 thanks for the offer, will definitely let u know if I need anything.

R.J.M.
10-17-2014, 12:27 AM
Well I didn't forget about this thread, a lot of things have come up. Been tinkering with the motor a little trying to get it all sorted out and making a list of things to buy. Then all came to a halt when I lost my job almost 2 weeks ago. Things are looking better though, had an interview today and all went pretty well. Should know the first of next week if I got it or not, don't want to get my hopes up but Im feeling pretty confident. Should be back to work on trike before to long.

ktmcrasher
10-17-2014, 04:38 AM
good luck with the job buddy, i have also just picked up a 81 r, mine was stripped down and in cardboard boxes though!

Dirtweed
10-17-2014, 03:23 PM
Hoping you get the new job RJM! What do you do for a living....just asking as you never know who on the board might know of work you can do.

Good luck on the R when you get back to it. My '82 is all blasted apart as well. Hope to get on it this winter.

R.J.M.
10-22-2014, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the support on the job guys. Ktmcrasher that's exactly how I got mine lol. Dirtweed for the last 5.5 years I've been in the blasting industry blowing up rock quarries but looking for something different with more home time. Things will work out

MRSOUND
10-22-2014, 09:58 PM
I'm in the 1st gen in bags club. Slowly gathering parts. Good luck with the job there bud, hope all works out.