PDA

View Full Version : Commuter Industries Inc / Heald Hauler / Power Tec / Pacesetter

MattDragontamer
09-06-2014, 02:21 PM
So here is a little bit of interesting fun for ya'll.
A couple of days ago I emailed Power Tec looking for some info on the Heald Haulers.
In that email I talked about how the front fender of some of the models looked the same as the
ones found on the pacesetters and commuters.

Here is the reply:

Hello Matt;
In about 1980 Mr. Merlin Simmon (since deceased) started building the
Commuter three wheelers by modifying the old Heald VT8 and VT10 Super
Broncs.
I worked for Heald at that time and had the privilege of working with
him thru his start up time. As his company grew he continued using
many of the same components.
Power Tec has no parts lists for the Commuter but we do have a good
inventory of the parts you may need. You are correct, the fenders were
the same but we have lost our source for them. We soon will be
receiving some Fiberglas replacement fenders but at this time prices
are not available.
If you are looking for other parts or have any questions, I encourage
you to call any week day 8:30 to 5:30 (eastern time) 800 535 9529
Thanks...Ron Kimball

Just as I am composing this Ron called me. Super friendly guy.

So turns out that Mr. Merlin Simmon did in fact buy Pacesetter Enterprises Inc.
back in the day. Started Commuter Industries Inc. along with the Heald Haulers,
light aircraft and other ventures.

Currently the Power Tec website only has the contact link working because
Ron prefers to speak one on one and make sure parts that are ordered are
the right ones. Same went with Ken and the Taurus parts and so will it most likely
be with me.

He will be sending me a package of hard copies documents of what he has.
He is unsure if he has anything left document wise for the commuters, but he will
see about trying to gather some stuff up.

* That doesn't mean your off the hook Danny! :P

So among the documents he will be sending is the blowup of the gearbox.
I am sure more than enough people will enjoy that piece.
And yes, they take 8oz of engine oil... They use the splash system to coat the
gears. I am sure tranny oil would work too, but I will know more later.
Early models had no plug to change the oil, so you have to open them.

Anywho, before I keep rambling on... I have to get going and I will be sure to add info
later on. :D

coolpool
09-06-2014, 02:26 PM
T.S.I, Trike Scene Investigator, Matt. Good work bud! I feel that you'll be monopolizing the odd and unusual market soon!

MattDragontamer
09-06-2014, 06:26 PM
T.S.I, Trike Scene Investigator, Matt. Good work bud! I feel that you'll be monopolizing the odd and unusual market soon!

Shhh... lol

danbur55
09-07-2014, 07:48 AM
go get a lottery ticket NOW while whatever karma has encapsulated you!!!! 3 great scores (well my opinion they're scores) the lead at power tec sounds fantastic to say the least, giving me some hope for an original looking front fender later on. who knows the sea can loaded with unopened boxes just might be coming. well heres hoping your pulse has returned to normal and your knees have quit shaking GREAT JOB and great news for us oddball tinkerers cant help but throw out a lil evilness you do know pacesetter also built a couple of minibikes, right?? have a great day (if possible to top after the news youve gotten on these)

MattDragontamer
09-07-2014, 10:13 AM
go get a lottery ticket NOW while whatever karma has encapsulated you!!!! 3 great scores (well my opinion they're scores) the lead at power tec sounds fantastic to say the least, giving me some hope for an original looking front fender later on. who knows the sea can loaded with unopened boxes just might be coming. well heres hoping your pulse has returned to normal and your knees have quit shaking GREAT JOB and great news for us oddball tinkerers cant help but throw out a lil evilness you do know pacesetter also built a couple of minibikes, right?? have a great day (if possible to top after the news youve gotten on these)

Yea, I did... lol, mind you I haven't checked yet.

Yea, Pacesetter had a few different models of Pit Bikes. The Trail Buck was the most popular.