PDA

View Full Version : 200x poping in high rpms wont gain speed?? need help!!!

jason200x
01-12-2004, 01:20 PM
when i rev it up or when in hgh rpms when rideing it wont go full speed in any gear b/c ti pops but only in mid to high rpms?

could this be the fuel to ait mixture screw or doe sit need a jet
b/c it has pipe k&n and engien mods?

im not shure if it has been jetted so could soem oen tell me how to check?

J.D.
01-12-2004, 02:39 PM
Sounds like your main jet is reallllly lean to me. Pull the plug and see what color it is.

jason200x
01-12-2004, 08:15 PM
what should i look for on the plug if its lean? and what shoudl i look for if its right?

hondaATCman
01-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Start your machine up, let it get up to operating temp. and then take it as fast as you can go, hit the kill switch to shut the engine off, but keep the throttle wide open and in gear until it rolls to a complete stop. (By the way, take a spark plug wrench with you) Pull the plug out. If its white, you're too lean and need to raise the jet size in small increments. If the plug is black, you're too rich and need to lower the jet size. Repeat this process with the new jets until you find the right one.

TimSr
01-13-2004, 01:12 AM
If its popping and spitting and sputtering at higher RPMs, which is what I think you were trying to say, its doubtful to me its a carburetion problem, and more likely electrical. Start with a fresh plug, which you should do before beginning the plug reading procedure anyways.

Tri-Z Pilot
01-13-2004, 01:21 AM
Yeah, I had an 86 250sx, that would do that, and I could never figure it out, checked carb, timing, electrical, and it turned out to be just the sparkplug, go figure. Start with the little stuff first, you will thank yourself in the long run.

jason200x
01-13-2004, 05:44 PM
i rebuklt the carb did timeign and new plug, btu when i got the engien theplug i pulled was back soo ill go try right now

jason200x
01-14-2004, 01:21 PM
ok i ddi wha you guys said , waterpumper said i need to take my air box of and i forgot to put this pice in to the carb wehn i rebuilt it he said that could be soem of the problem, and he also said to raise or lower the needle that goes in the center of the slide, also to saok the cabr ove night in a bowl of carb cleaner and the blow it out with compressed air or a air compresser, if its electrical should i start by replaceing the plug wire, and if that dont work then what? what are the specs to test to see if im getting enough spark?

speed20
01-14-2004, 01:26 PM
ive had problems like this on my 200x's....It could be a ton of things, bad connection, carb, timing, cdi timing (advanced or retarded). Could also be a sign that your Stator is going out too.....Stators are common (for me anyway)!

jason200x
01-20-2004, 01:27 PM
ok i got it fixed theres a little ball on the choke lever that locks into a little hole it wasnt completely locking in so it was hitting the choke lever and it was going into choke and wanting to kil its self by closing the chok so it wasnt getting enoguh air, just wanted to let you guys its fixed and runs good now

samster143
01-20-2004, 04:17 PM
That happened to mine also. took a little file and fixed it up.

jason200x
01-20-2004, 10:59 PM
theres a little meteal piece that just nedd to be bent so that it was harder for the choke lever to move therefore holding it there harder