PDA

View Full Version : Putting a blaster jug on a yt125 yamaha

Ethan1
09-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Last winter my ported yt125 took out another piston and I decided not to use a jug with short transfer port duration. So I started looking at other yamaha jugs yt175s, blasters it175s and it 200s. Then I got a good used blaster jug and head off ebay and a new piston because I thought that was all i needed. wrong, for starters, I found out that blaster cases have 8mm studs for the jug and the YT has 10mm studs so i drilled those out. Next thing was when i put the piston in and spun it over the piston didn't even come close to the top of the jug. A little more research reveled that yt motors have a 50mm stroke and Blasters have a 57mm stroke so the jug went to the local napa and had .360" taken off the top. I also had to get a blaster reed cage and carb boot and reeds.
I finally got this thing running yesterday and its a blast. It has a home brew exhaust and a 32mm carb off a kx 80. Once I got the jetting right it has smooth power on the bottom and then pop the front wheel up when ever you get into the power band.

fabiodriven
09-03-2014, 10:34 PM
That's very interesting! Did you just guess where the port timing would be and it happened to work out? A very bold maneuver if you were just guessing, haha. Dirtcrasher has a nice, looked new to me, IT200 carb if you're looking for some more air.

Ethan1
09-04-2014, 08:56 AM
I knew the blaster jug would be better than the YT jug but with the short stroke set up its better yet. I dont need more air until I finish the porting, I don;t move exhaust ports around untill i know how it will run.