PDA

View Full Version : 86 200x using oil?

BiGDawG
09-02-2014, 07:42 PM
i have no leak's as there is never a puddle under the 200x anywhere, it dose not smoke at all but yet i have to add oil to it every time i ride.. any ideas why?

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/MARK2153/DSC02439_zps2605aa92.jpg

fabiodriven
09-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Yes. There are certain circumstances wherein the atmospheric conditions, specific to your region of course, will cause oil to boil and in turn evaporate out of your breather in an odorless and colorless gas. What you need is a special collection canister loaded with uncoked uranium deposits that brings the gas back to a liquid state and thus drains back into your engine. Not only does it return your oil to your engine, but it also cleans it and returns it to its original viscosity. Another method for catching your escaping oil/gas is to attach a beach umbrella so it is perched above your bike at all times. A hose can then be run from the umbrella back down to the crank case to once again return the oil to where it belongs. Only a rainbow umbrella will return the viscosity though, so shop accordingly.

Just kidding. If it's not leaking it's burning Einstein.

chargercharlie
09-02-2014, 09:03 PM
^ I was waiting for pic of the specific model umbrella and it never loaded.

BiGDawG
09-03-2014, 01:50 AM
i'll have to look into that magical rainbow umbrella..

but yea i though if you where burning oil it would smoke out the exhaust? i guess i could have a small leak on the head as it seems to collect the dirt there pretty good

BOB MARLIN
09-03-2014, 08:58 AM
My 350x started burning oil after I put synthetic in it. It seemed to wash out something that was keeping it sealed.

DohcBikes
09-06-2014, 05:56 AM
My 350x started burning oil after I put synthetic in it. It seemed to wash out something that wasn't keeping it sealed.This is common.

BigDawg, are you checking the oil before you ride or after?

How much are you adding each time? It takes a lot of smoking to burn a measurable amount of oil.

Is there oil spitting from the pipe, the base gasket, the breather?

Seen lots of engines with too much oil lately.

Keepah Rolln
09-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Yes, are you ckecking before you run it like the other person said. Sometimes i think mine or low because i check them before i start it after they sat for a week or two and my oil level was just barely touching the low level mark..Could hardly see any on the dip stick..I knew i put 2.2 things of oil in a month ago but was stunned and thought somebody borrowed my oil...lol..So i started it and let idle a minute and drove around my house twice easy and shut it down and rechecked. it was at the top of the safe zone....My dad said he did the same thing before but instead of starting it for a minute and rechecking he dumped an extra quart in and had the pleasure of draining the oil back out....