PDA

View Full Version : 250sx seat question

Steiger
01-10-2004, 08:22 PM
I am fairly new to the board but I have been doing a lot of reading of posts and must commend you guys on having an excellant site with a lot of good info. I have learned quite a few things on here already. Now I am getting brave enough to start asking questions, so I am wanting to know if a 250r seat will fit on a 250sx? Also,do the years matter? Thanks...................

ScottZJ
01-10-2004, 11:42 PM
No the 250SX is a much wider seat and you would have to have the plastic to go with it. But then the plastics bolt on another way too so it would have to be some major modding to get it to happen. Hey if you need a SX seat I have one, the pan is good and so is the foam, but the cover needs help............peace

Steiger
01-18-2004, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the info ScottZJ. You saved me some money and trouble, cuz I almost bought one off ebay to try. I have noticed a lot more 250r seats than I have 250sx seats in mint condition. Just thought if they would fit I could live with it and be a little different also. I think I will just hold out for an original blue stock seat in mint condition. Thanks for the offer though.

Dirtcrasher
01-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the info ScottZJ. You saved me some money and trouble, cuz I almost bought one off ebay to try. I have noticed a lot more 250r seats than I have 250sx seats in mint condition. Just thought if they would fit I could live with it and be a little different also. I think I will just hold out for an original blue stock seat in mint condition. Thanks for the offer though.

I buy them ripped for 15$ or so and then get the blue marine vinyl at a fabric store for about 6$ a yard - see picture.

A mint blue seat usually fetches above 50$ on EBAY.