PDA

View Full Version : 300r dragster build PICS

83atc200
07-04-2014, 07:41 PM
This is a project I recently completed that I had been wanting to do for a while. 1982 300r Dragster

38mm Mikuni Flatslide
Red Powder Coat
modified hondaline 300 cylinder
+12 in swingarm
works shock
hoosier tires on 10's
reed spacer
geared
Dg pipe and silencer
dura blue hubs
most everything new

El Camexican
07-04-2014, 08:00 PM
What surface do you plan to run it on? That swinger is nice!

83atc200
07-04-2014, 08:21 PM
What surface do you plan to run it on? That swinger is nice!
Thanks! The tires are designed for mx use but I got them in a t10 compound so I will most likely keep it on asphalt with as little as it will be used.

El Camexican
07-04-2014, 08:27 PM
So will they let you run it at Brainerd?

Jheezy7
07-04-2014, 08:27 PM
Lookin good man! Looks like the same piston I have!..you end up going with the Racers Toy Store Mod?? And damn I love those tires..good work! :beer

DohcBikes
07-04-2014, 08:47 PM
Did you build that swingarm? Whoever did that should take a bow and recite my signature.

Super350
07-04-2014, 09:32 PM
yup...killer swinger....who else thinks it would have been rad to powder it clear to keep the natural look :cool:

83atc200
07-05-2014, 07:05 AM
So will they let you run it at Brainerd?
I am planning on checking into that, im not sure what classes they race there?

83atc200
07-05-2014, 07:07 AM
Did you build that swingarm? Whoever did that should take a bow and recite my signature.

It was built by stellar machine and performance, they did one hell of a job.:p

83atc200
07-05-2014, 07:09 AM
Lookin good man! Looks like the same piston I have!..you end up going with the Racers Toy Store Mod?? And damn I love those tires..good work! :beer

Yes I did! They did very nice work, I was very happy with the outcome. thanks man!

jakep53
07-05-2014, 07:27 AM
looks mean with that swinger!!! where did you get those tyres??

83atc200
07-05-2014, 09:17 AM
looks mean with that swinger!!! where did you get those tyres??
thanks! I ordered them from hoosiertiregp.com.

El Camexican
07-05-2014, 10:43 AM
I am planning on checking into that, im not sure what classes they race there?

I hope you're not going to get the gate slammed in your face. Someone on here a while back got the boot from his local track over insurance issues. Ask nice.

83atc200
07-05-2014, 05:10 PM
I hope you're not going to get the gate slammed in your face. Someone on here a while back got the boot from his local track over insurance issues. Ask nice.

I hope not!

DohcBikes
07-05-2014, 05:22 PM
This is a complete assumtion because i have never seen a trike at an asphalt track, but if your insurance is in order and you have the proper gear and track safety requirements I don't see how they could tell you no. Defenitely been kicking the idea around but its a lot of dough for something I might not have the opportunity to use much. (like all the other race vehicles I've had.)

slashfan7964
07-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Our local track encourages people to run ATVs and custom machines. As long as you pay to race and sign the liability waiver, they don't care if you roller blade down it. I would absolutely see a trike at least run down the 1/8th.

El Camexican
07-05-2014, 07:27 PM
This is a complete assumtion because i have never seen a trike at an asphalt track, but if your insurance is in order and you have the proper gear and track safety requirements I don't see how they could tell you no. Defenitely been kicking the idea around but its a lot of dough for something I might not have the opportunity to use much. (like all the other race vehicles I've had.)

It's likely going to have more to do with the sanctioning body the track uses. For example the NHRA provides a payout if someone is killed at a sanctioned track, but that only happens if the vehicles involved passed an NHRA tech and the blood samples come back clean. Back in my day the IHRA was a lot more lenient than the NHRA tracks when it came to someone rolling out a contraption that didn't fit the standard cookie cutter shape the tech guys went off. If he finds a local run what ya brung track there may be no issues, but NHRA is another beast. They have a pretty thick rule book. I haven't read it for a long time, but the last time I did there were no provisions for trikes other than perhaps as an exhibition vehicle. That's where nitro bikes, jet cars and wheel standers are fit in. They aren't allowed to participate in the races. I hope they let him run.