PDA

View Full Version : who can help build me a custom 2=smoker intake for my racing ATV engine?

oscarmayer
07-03-2014, 12:28 PM
My son's racing ATV uses a kx65 engine with a ported athena 82cc BB setup, hotrods bottom end and custom built boisen reed cage setup with CF reeds. We run a kx100 carb (28mm vs. stock 25mm) The stock intake is rubber and i need the angle to be a bit more to the side than it is now. Can someone custom make a alloy intake for this bike? it does not look hard to do, but I just do not have the time nor equipment to fab one up.

Thanks for your time

Mike

oscarmayer
07-07-2014, 08:09 AM
no one can help me get a alloy intake made with a slightly better angle that the stocker? Dang.

El Camexican
07-07-2014, 10:22 PM
How much angle do you need? Maybe you can have the angle machined into the stock manifold mounting surface on a mill? Maybe even on a belt, or drum sander if you have a steady hand. You could also make a wedge shaped spaced plate with oval mounting holes if you need a lot of angle.

My understanding is that a solid manifold is not a good thing on a bike as the carb vibrates too much and can froth. Not sure if that's true, but I think I read it somewhere.