PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of a "Rustic" trike??

roofinggun
01-09-2004, 06:39 PM
I may have a line on a trike. I am remodeling a kitchen and saw it in the guys shed. It says Rustic on the tank and has a 308cc Kawasaki motor with belt drive. The tank was an orangish-red color. The fenders and seat were in a different shed. Not sure of the year yet, but it was sold through the Cenex stores in Hudson, WI. Anyone heard of them??

smokinp
01-09-2004, 06:40 PM
It would be cool if you had some pics of it

roofinggun
01-09-2004, 06:44 PM
I didn't have the camera with me, I am heading back up there Tuesday and hope to get some then. He is an old school farmer who works in safety now, but he still pinches pennies so hard that they bend. I am really going to have to work on him.

HemiChallenger71
01-09-2004, 07:39 PM
This is cool. Rare oddities exits all over like this. Department stores used to be mostly privatley owned, so they sold anything they thought they had a chance at. For example: I own an AceCraft boat sold by Ace Hardware in Dearborn Michigan. That store, and Ace world headquarters has no records of selling any boats EVER. My boat has a tag saying it was bought at that store and all that stuff and the year (1963). Another guy saw my boat one day and stopped by to talk to me about it. He had the same boat, and the same problem, Ace swore to him they never sold boats.

This 3 wheeler is probably a case of this, much like the JC Penny trike and Ward's trike, (ever see a Ward's tractor? i see the all over and they're old!). See if the bike has any identification on it where it was sold and the year.