PDA

View Full Version : How can i ship fenders?

niftylittleguy
06-05-2014, 06:52 AM
I have 125m rear and front fenders that i want to ship but i have no clue what to put them in. Does anybody have a clue on what i could do to ship them?

jdowd123
06-05-2014, 07:50 AM
Go to uhaul and check there boxes out that's what I ship my fenders in. Get 2 of there big boxes and make your own. Put plenty of bracing inside buy using cardboard. Sometimes I wrap fenders in old sheets or bubble wrap. Use fedex to ship its the cheapest. Put fragile and don't drop all over the outside of box and get insurance its cheap.

atc007
06-05-2014, 08:31 AM
Last 2 sets I received were dirt cheap through USPS.Granted they were 250R lo pros. But about the same size/less weight than your 125's. Both of these fenders were $20 and $24 respectively. One NJ to PA. One MA to PA. They were both boxed. And the set from MA was in a BMX Ramp box. Could have EASILY fit 3 or 4 more sets in that box. No joke. Hope this helps..

niftylittleguy
06-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Last 2 sets I received were dirt cheap through USPS.Granted they were 250R lo pros. But about the same size/less weight than your 125's. Both of these fenders were $20 and $24 respectively. One NJ to PA. One MA to PA. They were both boxed. And the set from MA was in a BMX Ramp box. Could have EASILY fit 3 or 4 more sets in that box. No joke. Hope this helps..
It does thanks, ill look for a decent sized box

Thorpe
06-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Bubble wrap the crap out of them... Last set I shipped, spent almost as much on bubble wrap as I did on shipping! But they showed up in perfect shape

86T3
06-05-2014, 11:04 AM

How did you get them shipped so cheap? I took a yfz front fender to the post office yesterday to.get a quote, they measured the fender and even if i make a box that just fits the outside dimesions of the fender it was $47 to ship it across the state.

DohcBikes
06-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Ship by weight on fenders, not volume.

Ive sent several sets of used fenders through UPS without packaging them at all, just stick the label to em. If they can see what they are moving they take better care of it. Its much more likely to be crushed, broken, misshaped or have stuff stacked on it when its in a box. One bare ride on a truck is not going to do ANYTHING to a plastic fender that's been on an off road vehicle for 30 years. This is not an assumption, I'm speaking from experience.

Ghostv2
06-05-2014, 11:21 AM

Ive sent several sets of used fenders through UPS without packaging them at all, just stick the label to em. If they can see what they are moving they take better care of it. Its much more likely to be crushed, broken, misshaped or have stuff stacked on it when its in a box. One bare ride on a truck is not going to do ANYTHING to a plastic fender that's been on an off road vehicle for 30 years. This is not an assumption, I'm speaking from experience.

I didn't even know you could ship something like that without a box. Hell I should of did the same with the plastic tanks I was selling.

Learn something new everyday.

DohcBikes
06-05-2014, 11:25 AM
I ship well over half of my used parts unpackaged, especially large parts. Never had a single issue with damage.

Mosh
06-05-2014, 11:27 AM

I don't think this deal went as well..

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/36500-Feedback-for-Seadoo650?p=1140724#post1140724

DohcBikes
06-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Ya, notice I put the word "used" in red. And then used the word "bare" to describe the packaging.. That deal fits neither criteria. It actually proves my point, thank you.

MattDragontamer
06-05-2014, 05:19 PM
A packing method that isn't used much but will same on weight is folded cardboard.

Wrap your item as you would normally with bubble wrap to protect it.
Now, by folded cardboard I mean the same packing method used for securing electronics in a box. Same security, less weight.
A cheap reproduction of this is taking a length of carboard 12" long and 12" Wide. With the rib lines vertically, fold the cardboard
along the rib lines at 4" and 8" creating a triangle. Then tape the overlapping edge shut. Now you have a low cost filler that
weighs next to nothing. You can fold along the ribs a few more times to create squares and other shapes that will fit your item better.
To make sure sections don't move, slotting then together either directly or via a joiner will work.

If you think you would like to know more, I can make a thread with detailed pics as a "how to".

Dirtcrasher
06-05-2014, 05:27 PM
I fold and tape cardboard on all the outside corners and then shrink wrap the hell out of them for the cheapest shipping but, you HAVE to do it right though......

niftylittleguy
06-05-2014, 05:42 PM
A packing method that isn't used much but will same on weight is folded cardboard.

Wrap your item as you would normally with bubble wrap to protect it.
Now, by folded cardboard I mean the same packing method used for securing electronics in a box. Same security, less weight.
A cheap reproduction of this is taking a length of carboard 12" long and 12" Wide. With the rib lines vertically, fold the cardboard
along the rib lines at 4" and 8" creating a triangle. Then tape the overlapping edge shut. Now you have a low cost filler that
weighs next to nothing. You can fold along the ribs a few more times to create squares and other shapes that will fit your item better.
To make sure sections don't move, slotting then together either directly or via a joiner will work.

If you think you would like to know more, I can make a thread with detailed pics as a "how to".
would you be able to make a how to thread that would be a big help, thanks