PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get a 110cc e-start w/reverse

MattDragontamer
06-01-2014, 11:06 PM
I have been trying to get my hands on a 110cc e-start w/reverse, but everywhere I order from refund my purchase and say that they can't ship to Canada even thought they had the option available.

So, I want to see if anyone is comming from Philadelphia and can get the engine I want from fancyscooters ( 575 North Route 73, Suite C2 West Berlin, NJ 08091) or if someone knows were I can get one on my way from Alberta to Indiana for trikefest.

This is the engine here... http://www.ebay.com/itm/110cc-ATV-Engine-with-Reverse-Fully-Auto-w-BOTTOM-Starter-/290775183243

I also have an engine I can swap for... Its a 110cc manual racer shift 1 up and 3 down...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400512334826?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Pm me or post here.

greenhuman
06-02-2014, 02:31 AM
I'd try and get a Honda TRX125 engine. They have reverse and four forward gears. In a 70 they are a ball.

Toaster556
06-02-2014, 11:52 PM
Matt, are you passing thru Regina or Edmondump? Check out Topfuel Toys Canada in Edmondump, they seem to have a few in stock. I was also at Gman Motorsports in Regina Saturday picking up a carb, they have stock nearly as good as Saga did in Langley.
Failing that, I have a 110 top mount starter 3+R bottom end you can have if you want it

MattDragontamer
06-03-2014, 12:04 AM
Matt, are you passing thru Regina or Edmondump? Check out Topfuel Toys Canada in Edmondump, they seem to have a few in stock. I was also at Gman Motorsports in Regina Saturday picking up a carb, they have stock nearly as good as Saga did in Langley.
Failing that, I have a 110 top mount starter 3+R bottom end you can have if you want it

Thanks for the heads up, I will have to look at those stores. Is there a spacial set of seach words to bring up the local stores on google? I keep getting states results and ebay even with the filters on. Yea, thanks for the offer on the 110, but I need a bottom mount starter.

Other than that, you going to trikefest?

Flyingw
06-03-2014, 12:06 AM
Matt, if you want to get rid of the other motor, I'll take it. Not that long ago, we used to be able to get the estart 4 speed clutched motor with the starter on the bottom but now, the only one I've found is in the UK. The top mount starter motors are all over the place. The bottom mount starter motors all seem to auto-clutch models. I have a 70 project I'm going to do in the near future and have been looking for a motor for it like the one you have.

Toaster556
06-03-2014, 10:50 PM
No trikefest for me, at least not this year.

Bottom mount E-starts are getting rarer and rarer it seems, all I've seen lately in the newer atvs have been top mount. My guess is people complained about knocking them off and someone actually listened?

My search string on google is generally a chinese ATV brand (say Taotao) then a major Canadian city (ie Regina). Top few results are normally the only good ones. Dealers I've dealt with that may be able to help are Muddy Motors in Abbotsford, BC (former importer for Loncin, lots of parts still hanging around), Valley Motorsports in Langley (bought out Skyteam Canada) or G-man in Regina. Stay FAR away from Sinclairs in Surrey, not even worth a phone call.
I'll be sure to keep you in mind if I see anything local, the other guys at work are looking for mini-quads to join the couple of us that already have them on our little track. Any preference to gears or full auto?

MattDragontamer
06-04-2014, 12:28 AM
Any preference to gears or full auto?

No, not really, but a manual or semi-auto would be better after thinking about it.