PDA

View Full Version : First gen 200x chain slider options

bandito90
05-31-2014, 03:37 PM
I'm trying to get my X done for trikefest and I need to look into a chain slider. I don't really want to buy a beat up used one off EBAY.

Is there any that is a close fit that? I don't mind modding the chain slider.But, would rather not have to mod the swinger. As it's aftermarket.

Thanks

rg97
05-31-2014, 04:04 PM
So, its an aftermarket swinger that takes a stock rear (black plastic) slider?
In that case, if you dont want a beat up one, see if you can find a NOS one. petesatc (member name) over the pond in the UK hooked me up with a NOS one for much cheaper than those eBay gold diggers.

The wrap around design on that stock one is kinda hard to find other places, so nothing to my knowledge will work.

bandito90
05-31-2014, 04:41 PM
Rg, I have Mr.Clean's old DG swingarm. The slider I'm talking about.Is the one that wraps around the swing arm at the pivot bolt area. My friend is using one from a 300ex. But I've not looked at
it in detail.

The one that was on my trike. Appears to not be original.As it had oval holes. and didn't wrap around the whole way.

shortline10
05-31-2014, 05:14 PM
I probably have a few decent used ones if you want to go the stock route .
Text me tomorrow while im in the shop and ill send pictures .

atc300r
05-31-2014, 06:47 PM
The oem 200x slider should bolt right on.I have the same swingarm and my oem slider bolted right on.