PDA

View Full Version : 83 250r shock adjustment help

hawaiirider
05-19-2014, 02:01 PM
just fabbed new mounts and installed a 83 r shock on my 200x, it has a knob on the resivior that was not on my x? what does this do? the shock is stiff and rebounds very slow so id like to set it up correctly
thanks for your time!!!!!!

shortline10
05-19-2014, 03:18 PM
Your X had the knob but it was located at the bottom of the shock . Just turn the knob till you like the rebound , not sure how it will work on your X because the R shock was designed for a prolink set up .

hawaiirider
05-19-2014, 05:13 PM
this ones got one on the top on the resivior says S - H and it has one on the bottom like the x did, it seems good just stiff for me im 170, my friend whos 300 said it rode good for him

DohcBikes
05-20-2014, 09:11 PM
Your X had the knob but it was located at the bottom of the shock . Just turn the knob till you like the rebound , not sure how it will work on your X because the R shock was designed for a prolink set up .Theres two knobs on the 250r shock. the reservoir knob is compression damping ( it says COMP on it) and the knob on the shock clevis is the rebound.

Just takes a few mods to make it work. Custom dogbone is probably the best way. No ride report on mine yet.

hawaiirider
05-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Theres two knobs on the 250r shock. the reservoir knob is compression damping ( it says COMP on it) and the knob on the shock clevis is the rebound.

Just takes a few mods to make it work. Custom dogbone is probably the best way. No ride report on mine yet.

thanks for the replies yall, i got the mount fabbed up and the bike sits good and level. ill post the ride report when i get it dialed in for my skinny arse:)