PDA

View Full Version : A little video of my 1982 big red. Is there a cleaner original big red?

Pryme
05-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Well since I cleaned it up for spring and got the brakes adjusted I decided to make a quick video.

Of course the battery is not original but everything else is. I will not modify it in any way.
Now days I just take it out to give the kids rides around the yard. But I did have it out on some state atv trails and was not easy on it lol.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VWpDawZ8SmQ

atc007
05-09-2014, 05:18 PM
That is a spectacular beautiful machine. Thanx a million for sharing! Yes. There are cleaner ones. New to be exact :) I sure hope there are very responsible young people riding it!!! What a treasure. That was my Dads 1st "real" love. Our 3rd and 4th ATC's we ever bought new.

Pryme
05-09-2014, 07:37 PM
The kids are too small to ride it. Although the 11 year old has very slow in second gear only. And only with me watching her.

Thanks

atc007
05-09-2014, 07:44 PM
Did you or your family buy it new? I misread your 1st post,I see now YOU give them rides!! What an absolute treasure piece. Thanx again for sharing.

ebaccm26
05-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Nice looking machine, for some reason it seems I see fewer of the 82's in nice shape than any other year Big Red.

Pryme
05-09-2014, 08:38 PM
Thanks guys. Yeah I pretty much give the kids rides on it. Second gear pretty much which is not very fast on a big red haha. I flog it pretty good in the winter because it is more forgiving in the snow power sliding it and not gonna rip up my grass!!
No, I wish I'd had it in my family this whole time. I did buy it from the original owner though and he told me all about it. He said he doubted it even had 500 miles total which I'd say that is a stretch based on his property not being very big.

Ol Deuce
05-09-2014, 10:05 PM
That is really a clean 1......Thanks for the video! Ol Deuce

Chopsaw
05-09-2014, 10:15 PM
I like it .

tripledog
05-09-2014, 10:41 PM
I have seen a much cleaner 1982 200E... in my dreams!!! Please continue to provide the love and care that this machine has obviously received. Be careful of the rear fenders, as they are pretty much made of unobtainium as far as replacements are concerned. Very nice machine!!! Nice to know that it has a good home.

Pryme
05-10-2014, 01:08 AM
Cool thanks guys. Yeah I'd bet a lot of the parts are hard to come by. Oh and I forgot. I replaced the stock filter with a uni filter. The stock paper one was the original honda one and it was pretty bad. I believe it was a uni brand I bought for it and used the foam filter oil on it. Same set up I used racing motocross. Ensure the engine stays clean!

OKSTATE#1
05-10-2014, 02:05 AM

Very nice video, amazing big red! My favorite year of the BR besides the 85-87. Those are my babies above,y wife now has the 86 and we ride almost nightly. If all the people that have the ATCs a bad rap ever rode a big red for any length of time they would see just how wrong they are about the dangers and whatnot. The 80s ATCs just seem to have a better build quality than anything they trot out these days, which is why I think things have jumped in price lately. People are realizing the Big Red is just as good as any 4 wheeler for riding trails and such.

Larry T Moore
05-10-2014, 06:02 AM
dude a town over had this..one owner garage kept..all original...only thing wrong was the brake levers are on upside down...it came from the dealer that way..he never knew til i pointed it out..lol...he wanted 1400 for it

Pryme
05-10-2014, 08:49 AM

Very nice video, amazing big red! My favorite year of the BR besides the 85-87. Those are my babies above,y wife now has the 86 and we ride almost nightly. If all the people that have the ATCs a bad rap ever rode a big red for any length of time they would see just how wrong they are about the dangers and whatnot. The 80s ATCs just seem to have a better build quality than anything they trot out these days, which is why I think things have jumped in price lately. People are realizing the Big Red is just as good as any 4 wheeler for riding trails and such.

Yours look great. Yeah I enjoy riding the big red. When you're going fast down bumpy trails the lack of suspension really shows but that's okay haha

Buck Snort
05-10-2014, 09:39 AM
Here's a couple pics. One of my 82 and one of my 84. The 82 is in good shape but not near as nice as yours and the 84 I just bought a month ago .

Pryme
05-10-2014, 11:06 AM
Nice trikes buck snort. Looks like some nice land you're on there.

Big G
05-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Very nice. Looks like you're missing the Honda cover for the handlebar clamp (#7 in this diagram http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/ATV/1982/ATC200E+A/HANDLEBAR+%2B+TOP+BRIDGE/parts.html).

Pryme
05-12-2014, 01:37 PM
No it's on there. Black cover that says honda on it held down by four bolts. If you pause video right as I reach for the key it's in view.