PDA

View Full Version : Cal-Fab???? IDK

3WheelsForever
01-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Hey guys. Today I decided to clean up the tecate a bit. The swingarm looked terribly cruddy so I started to clean it off. After a little scrubbing with a rag I noticed a few letters on the swinger. As I cleaned it off more I saw that the letters spelled Cal Fab. Then I cleaned of the other side and the letters were there also but not near as clear. Here are some pics I took. I know they look nothing like the regular Cal-Fab stickers but its sorta got me wondering. Can anyone with a calfab take some pics of it for me? I know that the fab was 2 inches longer than stock but how long was the whole swinger? Thanks guys.

PS. Anyone have a clue what kind of pipe this is?? The stock tecate pipes were black right? I guess some one couldve painted it.

Jeb
01-07-2004, 07:13 PM
You are a lucky SOB! That is definitley a Cal-Fab arm.
Notice the long ribs running down from the dogbone mount and that it's solid in the middle instead of two main bars like the stocker.

Congrats!

sportvette
01-07-2004, 07:24 PM
that is a cal-fab swingarm. you can tell from the center being filled in like that. want to sell?

that looks exactly like a stock pipe. the welds are the same as a stock pipe.

thanks,
mark

MIK6
01-07-2004, 07:42 PM
WOW Jeb says it all!!! You lucky SOB!!!
I would bet that pipe is an aftermarket pipe after seeing the CALFAB on there. Any other "Different" looking parts on it???
It looks like the jug is GREY??? Any markings on it? Is it a KX jug or a painted KXT?

MIK6 / Mike

Trikeaholic
01-07-2004, 07:53 PM
oh good grief! :shock: the best thing I've found latley was that old YT. Worst yet, Ive got as more money in a pile of Tri-Z junk than virg has in that whole bike!! Virgil, you better take good care of that thing. You were very fortunate to come across it.

3WheelsForever
01-07-2004, 08:20 PM
Dont worry Ill take good care of it. I allready ordered a new bar pad, kx250 gasket set for it, and a tether kill switch. Here once our new garage is totally finished Ill be restoring it. Im thinkin old school mx style. Any idea for me on a frame color? Sorry Sportvette Im not gonna sell it. Mik6 Im not sure what kind of cylinder it is. It does have a few numbers on the cylinder. I noticed the frame was repainted blue at some time and the the bottom case has a purple color to it. I posted a picture where I put a few circles around it to show where these numbers are. In the blue circle the number reads 71. In the red circle the numbers read 0249 and then a wierd symble that I drew near the red circle. In the green circle(on the waterpump) it says KX250. Im guessing it may have a KX250 engine or the KXT was brought up to the KX specs like in one of Jeb's magazine articles. The carb on this thing looks like its a good size. Mik6 stop in to chat later on if you can. Ill prolly be on around 8:30 or 9.

Jeb
01-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Hey Virgil, it looks like a silver painted stock pipe to me. The cylinder looks like mine. A stocker with the paint removed. hard to tell what might be inside. All the KXT water pump covers have KX250 on them. the engines are the same except tranny gearing, head gasket thickness, reeds, smaller carb, ignition and perhaps a few other differences.

What about the axle? from what I can see in the pics its a stocker, but it's tough to tell.

Oh yeah, on the pipe, look on the front of the pipe, right behind the front tire and see if you can read anything that says Kawasaki Krizman something or another. :D

That sure must suck. Remove layers of dirt on a recently purchased trike only to find ATV Gold!

86waterpumper
01-08-2004, 10:48 AM
ahhaha I'm so glad to hear that the kxt motors had kx250 written on them. Catfishwhisker found the kx250 lettering on my motor, and I was getting ready to part the cobbed thing out LOL! Great find on that swingarm or heck the whole bike for that matter. That is the deal of a lifetime right there. Now you need a numberplate, steering stabilizer, some hoosier tri tracs, low pro rear plastic, and a porterville foil etc LOL.

3WheelsForever
01-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Yah WP, Ive got a number plate. I agree it is the deal of a lifetime. I have also considered parting out the trike. I would at least tripple my money. Im not sure I want to do that though. What would you guys do? I dont think Ill part it out because I think I got the best deal Ill ever find. Jeb the axle is a stocker.

86waterpumper
01-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Up to you, but if you do part it out I want first shot at that right wing and calfab lmao!

Jeb
01-08-2004, 06:45 PM
Dont Part It! But Sell me the CAL-FAB! I'll trade you my stock swingarm along with some cash, old dirtwheels mags, whatever!! :-D Make some money back on it! ;)

sportvette
01-08-2004, 08:08 PM
you would definately make a lot of cash on those parts.

but honestly, if it was me, id keep it forever.

mark