PDA

View Full Version : NOS wiring...?????

OKSTATE#1
05-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Does anyone do this? I don't think it would be too hard to get some of the wiring that is colored like the original looms, take apart a non-functioning harness, and make new ones and attach some decent pieces like the fuses and the necessary ends. I would imagine those couplings used are still produced somewhere.

Thoughts? I thought about this the other night when I was wiring up my 86 250ES and I had to fix a couple bare wires...

Flyingw
05-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Getting the OEM color coded wire would be a bit expensive. Most of the wire Honda used was 16 gage but the wire segments such as the wire coming off the battery going to the key switch was 14 gage. Vintage Connections sells plug and terminal kits with most of the common plugs and connectors. I just bought two kits for the 70 refresh I'm doing now. I'm making a few electrical changes so I'm going to build a new harness for it. I also bought a seven pack of 16 gage wire off Ebay with seven different colors but they are all solid color wire. Honda used allot of two color wire in their harnesses. Its that wire that would be difficult and expensive to get. I can two color the solid wire by adding a small segment of different color shrink tubing at the termination points.

http://vintageconnections.com/