PDA

View Full Version : YTM 225 DX starting problems

Ddroid
05-06-2014, 04:36 PM
Hi Guys,

Last weekend I was riding my DX with my friends and my trike had trouble starting when it was warm. When it is cold it starts fine in 1-2 pulls, also I had lately leaned it by one notch since it seemed a little rich according to the sparkplug. Leaning it out gave it lots more power but I forgot to adjust the pilot screw, and before I leaned it I never had the problem. So I am wondering if it is the pilot screw or it could be something else that is causing my problems.

Another question I have is there any way I can keep rocks and crap from getting behind the rear disk brake cover? It is realy starting to annoy me since I have to take it all apart.

DohcBikes
05-06-2014, 04:44 PM
So it was running fine before you changed it, hmmm. Might consider changing it back.

Heres how I like to handle the rear brake issue.....

Ghostv2
05-06-2014, 05:23 PM
So it was running fine before you changed it, hmmm. Might consider changing it back.

Heres how I like to handle the rear brake issue.....

+1 on that. I took the cover off. You shed some weight so if you eat a couple extra burgers that day you won't go any slower. I have a couple rear ends, if it ever gets damaged I'll replace it. But I have yet to damage it at all. And I beat the crap out of mine. Today I learned once again why you shouldn't jump these bikes.