PDA

View Full Version : Big red, what's it worth?

BIGRED1985
05-05-2014, 10:19 PM
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/sno/4454640370.html

Seems a bit high to me, any thoughts? I may make an offer

dougspcs
05-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Not really, $1200ask = $900-1000 sell price right in line!

tripledog
05-05-2014, 11:51 PM
I emailed the guy, he is within 10 miles of me. Didn't hear back from him. Hard to tell what model it is (at least for me) without seeing a clear pic of the left side of the motor. May be a 200e chain drive, or a 200es shaft drive with reverse. DEFINITELY NOT a 1981 model!!! A lot of contradictory info in the description... if it has less than 100 miles on it between 2 owners, why does it have replacement tires and a poorly recovered seat? Some sellers are woefully uniformed, and will type ANYTHING, regardless of accuracy, to hawk their goods. Makes me wonder how the seller of a locally listed Honda CM400 "4-Matic" street bike made out... last I knew, Honda never produced a four wheel drive motorcycle, and Mercedes never produced a 2 speed motorcycle with a semi-auto transmission. Some folks just throw terms around that they hear on TV, or other media, and ignorantly use them as adjectives to enhance their listing. Getting back to the ATC; nice trike, but I wouldn't offer more than $600 for it, given that the seller doesn't seem to know his arse from his elbow about it. Just another fly by night seller trying to pad his retirement, IMHO.

DohcBikes
05-06-2014, 01:16 AM
I'll leave the price range to the experts above but I can tell you for certain that the bike isn't a low hours unit, unless those hours were extreme.

ATC4ever!
05-06-2014, 01:23 PM
I agree with what has been said so far about this ATC and have a few things to add. First never heard of a "1981 Honda ATC Big Red" first year is 82'. Like said before hard to say what year it is, but if the bike hadn't been molested with parts being swapped and judging by the front drum brake hub, appears to be a 82' or more likely 83' Big Red (because of the tank). The 84' Big Red has a somewhat thicker hub as apposed to the one in the pic and the 82' and 83' models has a thinner outer front brake hubs.