PDA

View Full Version : good shop to do sleeves???

Trikeaholic
01-07-2004, 04:55 PM
anyone know a good place? Tri-z donor motor has a broken sleeve! and a cracked side case, and its a POS, but $50 for a parts motor cant be that bad of a deal......... :rolleyes:

I also need to get a case splitter tool, wtf is that and where to get one or build one???

Jeb
01-07-2004, 05:18 PM
Holic a case splitter basically attaches to the flywheel cover bolt holes in the center case and presses the crank shaft out of it, taking the other center case with it.

I built a splitter out of a piece of tool steel. Very simple and an hour on a bridgeport. It's deeper than it is wide for strength and longer than it would take to span the diagonally opposite screw holes for the flywheel cover. I tapped through it in the center, I think I used 1/2-13. It was allot of tapping, I did it by hand all the way through the bar. You could probably clear it some and not have to tap as much to save time. For the ends, I have some fairly long metric shoulder bolts (m6 thread) that I use for my flywheel puller. I just drilled a through hole out on each end of my puller bar so I could use these bolts I had, slid them through the puller and screw them into the case holes. I cranked a long 1/2-13 Socket Head Cap Screw through the center hole. watch the thread length on the screws, make sure you won't run out! I used a small piece of aluminum between the crank shaft and the 1/2-13 screw to prevent damage to the end of the crank from the screw pushing on it. I meant to make an aluminum cap for the end of the screw that just slides over it so that you dont have to worry with keeping the aluminum piece in the right position while your twisting. But I ended up not having much trouble with what I had.

I built this for KXT. I'll probably slot the holes on the end if I need to reach tri-z of 250R, if the puller bar is long enough.

Ace Mon
01-07-2004, 06:35 PM
Now this I can help you with . I went with L.A. sleeve co. out here in Ca. They put a 300cc boreable sleve into my 250 R and I couldnt be happier . They have adds in the back of dirtwheels but if you dont want to trouble yourself let me know and I will dig up the phone #. Ace . Oh and a fast turnaround too !

Trikeaholic
01-07-2004, 07:46 PM
I knew they manufactured sleeves, but I did not know they also installed. thanks ace, you the man. How much???

monoxide
01-07-2004, 07:50 PM
I built this for KXT. I'll probably slot the holes on the end if I need to reach tri-z of 250R, if the puller bar is long enough.

hey Jeb, ya wanna send me some pictures of that? ;)

J.D.
01-07-2004, 10:57 PM
I used a Harmonic Balance pulller and some LONG ASS head bolts from my YTM200 to split the cases on my Tri-Z......