PDA

View Full Version : Honda Tools to Adjust Valves

wonderboy
04-25-2014, 07:32 PM
I found some official Honda tools for adjusting the valve lash. They are from way over in Australia and seem pricey. I tried searching the part numbers at my favorite Honda parts on-line site, and I can't seem to get any hits. I haven't tried actually going into a Honda dealer and trying there, but figured if they were available domestically, something would have popped up on-line.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181271366451?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Reverse square drive low profile screwdriver: 07708-000400
Wrench: 07908-GE00200

So first, is there a US (domestic) equivalent to these two part number that anyone knows of? Second, are there generic equivalents from any of the tool manufacturers that can be used in place of these? An end wrench does fine for the locking nut, but I always resort to a tiny crescent wrench of pliers to grab the square drive of the adjuster.

The Honda tools sure seem to be a better way to do it.

DohcBikes
04-25-2014, 07:50 PM
If I'm not mistaken, motion pro sells a pretty decent little tool, we had em at school. Has the little wrench tool and a thumb drive that fits inside it.

I still prefer a wrench and a screwdriver.

justin4
04-25-2014, 10:43 PM
Harbor freight has those little screw drivers for a buck. I tried to bend a 10mm wrench to get a better angle on it and broke it. I am going to look tomorrow for better cheaper options . I'll let yous know what I find and post up. Maybe someone here already knows and will chime in.

wonderboy
04-25-2014, 10:54 PM
Thanks guys. I ordered the motion pro set on Amazon. It was about 35 bucks and free shipping for a set of three. We'll see how they work. I've read mostly good reviews, but I'm worried about access to the top of the head on the 350x (not sure if the tool will clear). We'll see...