PDA

View Full Version : Ripped off on ebay Read This!!!!!!

hondaatcvabeach
01-06-2004, 09:22 PM
Hey guys, a little while back I told everyone how I won an auction for a 200s motor from gne12@aol.com I paid him through paypal that same day and guess what :?: I never heard from him again. I have all my receipts from paypal proving I paid him. But wait it gets better, he is listing the exact same motor, pic,and discription on ebay again. If you go to ebay click in the box where you put in your search and type in this number 2447441406, you can see that my wife won this auction. Now type in this number 2452328763, you can see it is the same :evil: I have filed a complaint with paypal but I wanted everyone to see this trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. Any advice I'll take it.

short4stuff
01-06-2004, 09:30 PM
i am gonna give him an email ..... we'll see what he has to say. But he has pretty good feedback so maybe something is going on, somehow he is not getting your emails or something.

speed20
01-06-2004, 10:44 PM
I e-mailed him about 2 minutes ago....will post his reply when i recieve it...if he was going to be sneaky, youd think he would atleast have DIFFERENT PICTURES!!! my dad said he seen that on ebay about a month or so ago....and he doesnt remember alot.....anyway if his reply sounds BS, im going to turn him in...well....ima turn him in anyway! :D

84250r
01-06-2004, 11:25 PM
Thats just to bad. I hope you get your money/Motor,and this guy gets what he deserves!

sportvette
01-07-2004, 12:31 AM
i am going to try and get his phone number. i will look up his address from his phone number if i get it. i will let you know what happens.

speed20
01-07-2004, 02:23 PM
just give me his name....what city and state he lives in and i should be able to find his adress and phone number...if you cant find it that is.... www.anywho.com works wonders!!!

honda200sx
01-07-2004, 05:10 PM
i just got a response from him that he had a death in the family. he cancelled the auction

Howdy
01-07-2004, 09:23 PM
i just got a response from him that he had a death in the family. he cancelled the auction

I have had this same lame excuse given to me many times before. I have come to the conclusion that Ebay kills off more people than anything or place. I bet in the past year I have seen that excuse left in feedback for many people. Ebay needs to stop allowing this excuse unless proof of death is shown. Yea, I am sure there are a few that are on the up and up, but I would bet money that most aren't.
Just my 2 cents.
Howdy

P.S. Ebay will never do this because they get the listing fee no matter what. argggggggg

kdagenais
01-07-2004, 10:08 PM
Death or no death how is that an excuse for not delivering something that they got paid for. That is still stealing in my eyes. These types of people should be chased down and arrested as any other thief or con man are. Just my 2 cents.

twgranger
01-07-2004, 10:10 PM
He ended the auction early because of an error in the listing. :?

hondaatcvabeach
01-09-2004, 09:56 AM
Good news, I just got an email from paypal that they are sending me a refund. I also got an email from the guy with the motor (this is the first email Ive gotten from him in a month) he acually was rude to me. As far as a death in the family, why didnt he email me. He never told me that. Well anyway Im just glad I got my cash back.

kdagenais
01-09-2004, 10:06 AM
Well that is good news! I am glad to here Pay Pal got you the refund cause they are suppose to be there to protect everyone in online purchases. I understand that the seller may have had a death in the family but still could at least sent an email to you.

jdulac
01-09-2004, 10:40 AM
I can understand a death in the family. But does that give him an excuse to relist the item. Thats just not right. I mean i can see him not responding to you for a month or so because of family issues and than finally sending it but relisting it is just ridiculous. Good to see you got your money back.

N5HNY
01-09-2004, 02:02 PM
Hey,

Death in family my foot. He was just dragging his feet. The last two sellers I dealt with were like that. He was just taking his time or out right ripping you off.

Remember that E-bay is not the only source. I am starting to find that you can get stuff your looking for even cheaper. You just look around.

E-bay is making big bucks for the people who own it and the service is not near what it was. Bogus people can get back on with no problem.

Vance

roofinggun
01-09-2004, 06:47 PM
We should set up out own auction system to sell parts and fund the site and Howdy's ATC addiction with the revenues.