PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Been into one of these?

fixer2u
04-15-2014, 04:02 PM
Has anyone taken one of these apart? Its the centrifugal clutch from a KLT 110.
If so how did you di it? Are those 4 pins press fit?

Thanks

Nick

Scootertrash
04-15-2014, 10:33 PM
Best bet is to find a manual.........

MRSOUND
04-15-2014, 10:47 PM
I may be wrong but I don't think there are any "replaceable" parts if you can get it apart. I believe if it is not functioning properly you need to replace the whole assembly.

barnett468
04-15-2014, 11:43 PM
Hello fixer2u;

Long time no hear from. Hope things are going well.

As you know from our previous pm's, I did all the development work on this bike when I was at Kawi and had a blast on them. I can assure you that In stock form near sea level, this bike will lift the front tire off the ground if you speed shift it at full throttle on level ground. If it does not do that it is not running properly.

Actually that is not the centrifugal clutch.

Both clutches come apart. The gear is replaceable buy removing the rivets and reinstalling new ones. p/n 92122-1024 in the parts “fish” link below.

If you want to remove the clutches remove clip p/n 92033.

Both the pins and clutch plates are available from the same link.

http://www.cmsnl.com/kawasaki-1987-a1-klf110-north-america_model11386/partslist/E1350.html#results

If you are having clutch probs and aren't certain which clutch might be causing them just ask.

PS - How is your shift shaft that shortline10 repaired holding up?

fixer2u
04-16-2014, 03:35 PM
Best bet is to find a manual.........

I have one and it does not show you how to take it apart.

fixer2u
04-16-2014, 03:37 PM
I may be wrong but I don't think there are any "replaceable" parts if you can get it apart. I believe if it is not functioning properly you need to replace the whole assembly.

Thats what I was afraid of. I have not been able to locate a parts house that still has new ones. I did locate a used one, but it seems to have the same problem. I just thought if I could get into the extra one and figure out what is wrong with it, I might be able to get one or the other to work.