PDA

View Full Version : Got my hands on another Taurus 650...

MattDragontamer
04-13-2014, 08:17 AM
Ok, so i'm jumping the gun a little... I am going to pick it up on the 3rd of May.

My first thoughts were to swap out the red fenders for the green set i have, get it running nicely and selling it... Which I am sure a select few of you would be more than interested to get your hands on it. :)

But after my day long brain fart, I realized that "hey, some of the parts I still need are on that trike... Like the driven clutch and rear brake caliper "(I kinda broke the last one a little).

Now now, I can hear the cries from there... "Don't do it!"
Yea... I hear ya.

But here is my answer to that, I have three to take care of... One of which I ride.
This will allow me to have a full bike worth of spare/replacement parts, which I currently do not have.
And we all know how convinient it is to have those NOS parts just sitting around when you have a breakdown... :)

The ONLY way i would spare this fate to this Taurus is if I had a worth while offer, which I am sure are few and far...

briano
04-13-2014, 08:34 AM
And another Taurus for the stable, that's pretty cool. Lots of people would like to have one of those and can't find one and you can't stop finding them. I say it's yours and you can do as you wish with it. Cool find.

Zach
04-14-2014, 11:55 PM
is this a Taurus frame check out the pictures in that thread from the junkyard http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/166681-87-trx125-trike-conversion/page2

MattDragontamer
04-15-2014, 12:02 AM
is this a Taurus frame check out the pictures in that thread from the junkyard http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/166681-87-trx125-trike-conversion/page2

The two in the second pic are either Pacesetters and/or Granger 390 (commuter).
*** I would like to get the front basket if possible. :) *** I'll have to PM Superbeast...
The pacesetter had chain drive from the driven clutch to the rear axle... the granger did too, but got converted to gearbox when the
sasquatch came out.

MattDragontamer
05-04-2014, 12:55 AM
So here are some pics of the trike...

danbur55
05-04-2014, 06:57 AM
super clean for parts trike but gotta do whatever works out best loving the awesome job on the twins cant help liking some thing different than what most have

3 Wheel Drive
05-06-2014, 02:30 AM
Not sure why it just hit me,,, that would be freaking awesome to see someone ride a wheelie on one of them bad boys! Have you got to ride them, what is it like... Big Red on Steroids? Those are supercool, I think Howdy has a different trike similar to that Argo type wheeler.

MattDragontamer
05-06-2014, 03:10 AM
Not sure why it just hit me,,, that would be freaking awesome to see someone ride a wheelie on one of them bad boys! Have you got to ride them, what is it like... Big Red on Steroids? Those are supercool, I think Howdy has a different trike similar to that Argo type wheeler.

It is actually pretty easy to get the front end up... I only had one unexpected wheelie which I was more concentrated on not rolling back than anything else.
It happened when I first got the green one. When I turned the throttle nothing happened. Then suddenly everything kicked in and off I went. I hit the emergency
kill switch and rolled it back to the shop. Turns out when I rebuilt the carb, I accidentally put the bottom airway flap (which regulates the throttle) in a little wrong and
it was stuck. When it got unstuck, well... trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro happened!
They are not light. But as for feel.. hmm... I would say like a modern quad but with the 250es big red feel. The width makes it seem more stable and the sound... boy, sounds like a Harley and there is no two ways about it. The suspension is smooth, it takes bumps like nothing and the response is pretty good. It is slower than most trikes, but it's meant to work, not race.