PDA

View Full Version : New Developments on Big Red

N5HNY
01-06-2004, 01:20 PM
Hey Folks,

Well, I got a bit of good news. If you read my first post, you know that my neighbor gave me his old Big Red cause the motor dissappeared while in the shop.

Well, I went by that shop today and found the engine. Dosn't seem to be in too bad a shape for sitting outside.

Heres what I have so far.

Vance

Bumb
01-06-2004, 05:02 PM
If you read my first post, you know that my neighbor gave me his old Big Red cause the motor dissappeared while in the shop.

How does a motor dissappear?

N5HNY
01-06-2004, 05:43 PM
Bumb,

Thanks for the reply. Nice pictures ya got there. I can use those to help me with my project.

The engine dissappeared when my neighbor's dad took it out and then took it to a lawn mower repair shop. The engine then somehow got misplaced. I went to the shop and made some comments that leaned to "ya gotta be kinda dumb to loose a motor. "

They didn't like that and saw I wasn't gonna leave til they came up with something. Then all of a sudden the motor appeared. Isn't that special ?
Ah, life in Arkansas. You gotta love it.

So, have the engine back, I hope it didn't get too messed up sitting outside. It did get some water in it. But I got it soaking in 10 w oil now.

Later
Vance

atcmatt
01-06-2004, 08:00 PM
Thats gonna be some project! Keep us posted on the progress.

matt