PDA

View Full Version : Fair price for a plow?

Trimoto74
03-29-2014, 11:31 AM
Found a plow on craigslist that is off a 250SX. Thinking about picking it up for my 250ES. He's asking $450. Is this a fair price? Thinking about making my own but I figure I'll have that much into it by the time I'm done. The plow will interchange between the 250ES and 250SX right?

http://appleton.craigslist.org/sno/4396006325.html

afdfirefighter
03-29-2014, 12:27 PM
I personally wouldn't sell my 250 plow for less than 500. They are awesome to plow with.

userj8670
03-29-2014, 04:22 PM
I think that's a fair price as that's a later gen plow and all the hardware is there. More often than not the brackets are lost and impossible to find!

Thorpe
03-29-2014, 09:35 PM
That's about double what I would be willing to pay...

pipeline triker
03-30-2014, 08:56 AM
I think you could get it for less. he just bought the machine off craigs with the plow a couple weeks ago, and is now selling the plow. I think it was listed for $1500.

kb0nly
03-30-2014, 08:03 PM
Thats a good price, i would buy it and resell it for more if it was closer to me.

Trimoto74
04-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Well I picked it up for $400 but drove 2 hrs to get it. I hope it works out good cause I just sold my lawnmower with a 2 stage snow blower.

dougspcs
04-02-2014, 11:20 PM
You may be sorry you sold your blower..I just sold mine this year when I put a plow on my 4x4 quad.

This winter was killer and there were times when I got stopped dead in my tracks after a heavy dump.

With a 2wd like a trike under 6" and you should be ok, but a 12" dump like we had several times this past winter..get your shovel out!

kb0nly
04-03-2014, 12:33 PM
I had a one foot dump here, no problem plowing with my 200ES, and a heck of a lot less work then the blower. I have a 36" lawn tractor mounted blower, never even mounted it to the tractor this winter. I used my walk behind blower for places to small for the plow, but i would rather drive the plow around then walk the blower around.

Here is a tip, don't wait until its done snowing!! One thing about plowing you need to keep up with it, even if its still snowing go out and flip it off a few times while its accumulating. The last two winters since i got my plow i have used my blower only a couple times to do sidewalks for hire, everything else was plowed.

The only bad thing about plowing is having a place to push it to. I have two driveways and a large area of lawn at the upper end of them, so i just push a pile up all winter, when the plows go by and fill in the EOD (end of driveway) i usually push outward and up onto the edge of the street.

afdfirefighter
04-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Agreed, if you even somewhat keep up with the downfall the 250es/sx plow will take care of the job. I started the year with chains but quickly took them off because it didn't need them. You will be ok with the plow unless something crazy happens.

Trimoto74
04-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Well I'm feeling pretty good about it now. Thanks. I just put new tires on it too (Thank you so much for your help Doug! I'll post pics soon). I think I know your problem Doug. Your working with one too many wheels. Three wheels are always better than four I say. I might be crazy but I almost hope it snows one more time so I can try it!