PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to remove years of caked on stuff?

Zach
03-26-2014, 06:08 AM
Just got a 350x that looks like it has not had a good cleaning in years, was thinking of getting some aluminum wheel cleaner to spray on the motor and a few places that wont get damaged but figure it would be a good idea to see what other people use before I start spraying some pretty caustic stuff all over part of my new machine.

OKSTATE#1
03-26-2014, 06:44 AM
I haven't tried this yet...but eagle one etching for mag wheels supposedly works well for motors. I also use some Kimball Midwest parts cleaner that I buy through a friends 4x4 shop. So basically, I just go right to the hard stuff. As far as "cleaner" chemicals, not sure it's any less caustic, but I have also used Easy Off oven cleaner on a few old Jeep motors with good results for the grease.

emmie357
03-26-2014, 07:01 AM
Engine degreaser, brake cleaner, and good old soap/water have never failed me.

Zach
03-26-2014, 07:09 AM
I haven't tried this yet...but eagle one etching for mag wheels supposedly works well for motors. I also use some Kimball Midwest parts cleaner that I buy through a friends 4x4 shop. So basically, I just go right to the hard stuff. As far as "cleaner" chemicals, not sure it's any less caustic, but I have also used Easy Off oven cleaner on a few old Jeep motors with good results for the grease.

that is exactly what my plan was to use, Eagle one products are amazing. I also found out the stuf to make your tires look shiny is amazing to put some moisture and life back into old plastics